The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good luck with making a big push to pay off the debts, even if you don't pay them off completely you may be able to reduce them a lot.

I'm glad you're enjoying the sunshine :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I do enjoy the sun hairyhand. I have been working outside this afternoon prepping for tomorrow.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Plain_Jane
    Plain_Jane Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Parsniphead been lurking in the background and have subscribed to your thread. I am a wannabe declutterer I have to battle the hoarding DH though to get rid of anything! Onwards and upwards though.
    Just one figure from now on - Total Debt as at 27.8.18 - £44,061.26.

Target to be under £40k by 31.12.18.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thank you Plain Jane. I think i will be a forever declutterer but I'm the hoarder too.:o

Today has been good. A one off day of teaching and its made me realise i definately need to find a role to stimulate my brain again.

No extra money today but I need to drop off an item tomorrow and pick up some more. The money will be paid straight off the debt minus the bit I need to keep back for tax. :j (:j to the payment not the tax ;)).

I also have another job to complete tomorrow which is a larger payment. I think I will have some d@ve r@msey time while working.

I've decided I'm going go for the big one and see what I can achieve. Roll on a busy 15 weeks.

Haveva good night all. P x

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,394 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm glad the teaching went well. Hopefully it will lead to more!

You seem to be doing well on the SE side of things too. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thanks cherryfudge.

Its my day off today and I have LOTS of stuff to do. I'm trying to do a lot of bits before taking DS to school so i can crack on when I get back.

I have my first load of washing in. Hopefully I can get it out and dry before the rain rolls in.

Have a good day whatever you are doing.

P x

• parsniphead
    Options
    Another £28.10 paid off mbn@. £25 from a sewing job and £3.10 I nearly spent in the refractory even though I have sandwiches with me.

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    You sound motivated and positive right now. Nice to read. Keep going. The MBNA debt will soon be beaten :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thanks DIA. I would LOVE a very frugal June to get rid of the last £470 ish but I have DS and DBros birthdays. Thinking cap time.

I started today well and got two loads of washing done and put away the dry stuff on the stairs, then I got interrupted. Boo hiss. Just having a little sit in the garden while planning my next move. Perhaps i should be weeding instead.:p

I have been thinking lots (Oh goodness she's thinking again ;):eek:) about changing lifestyles. Well getting back to previous lifestyles plus extra stuff but it's always been when I'm out off debt, when the time is right, etc, etc. Waiting again, my eternal problem. Anyway someone clever on here said recently that they had started to live like lifes not a rehersal. Boom went my little brain. Seconds are ticking by and parsnip is waiting again for the right time. Silly old fool. By the time it's the right time I will be too old and kn@ckered.:rotfl:

I'm going to try and do one brave thing per day. One thing to make life a little more exciting and interesting. It may be small or it may be big. Who knows. Today I'm going to make a shopping list for Wednesday shop and from that point I'm going to try a veggie diet for many health reasons. Believe me that's big for a confirmed meat eater. I'm really going to have to think hard on what to eat. Hopefully it will cut food costs too a little.

I have hair dye too. Not pillar box red but Brown but it will hide the greys.

But before that a trip to the charity shop calls. The stuff was in my car for months. Last night it had to come out for the cars mot ( it passed - whoop whoop). I'm going now to stick it back in and get shot of it.

Right enough of my crazy waffling. Have a good weekend. Xxx

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I've been pescatarian for 26 years (ate fish but not meat) but stopped eating fish a year ago. I don't miss meat or fish at all and I'm sure it helps me to keep my weight down. Meat dishes do tend to be more expensive too so I save money in restaurants and just generally :).

I like the idea of doing one brave thing per day :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family