The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks hairyhand. In ever ordered takeaway in until I met my DS. Helped me down a very slippery path.

I was I the kitchen tonight pondering on things, well debt actually, and wondering why over the years I have reacted in the way I have too it. The word which popped into my head was attitude.

Anyway a little about me. I've always been a very quiet person and chronically shy when I was younger. I'm still very shy and lack in confidence still but find ways around it. I did OK at school. I wasn't one of the clever ones or naughty ones so was overlooked really. Everything about life has been very average. I've ever pushed myself because I've never felt worthy really. I guess I always thought others were worth more and deserved things more than me.

ANYWAY, I've been working on changing this. I don't see why i should live like I do because of debt. I know I can't go wild but why should I walk around like a hobbit.

I have decided to work on myself and do one brave thing everyday and try to start living life.

Time to start changing my attitude towards myself.
    Can you tell I've been reading a book about mid life crisis.:rotfl: It says not to try and cling onto what's passed/passing as life changes, but you need to find the new you, embrace it and enjoy it.

I'm not sure I've worded this post how I want it to be. Mmmmm. It is meant to be positive. I hope it doesn't come across otherwise.

The hobo moves on.;)
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    It comes across very positive parsnip........know what you mean about the hobo part I really need to replace my leggings they are getting awfully threadbare but I keep putting it off as I want to pay stuff off xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thanks abba.

I seem to have froze today, a bit like my tablet does regularly. Can't seem to get going at all. I have done the shopping and some washing but that's about it. I definitely need a boot up the bum.

I do want to do something but I'm in a proper dopey mood.

Oh well perhaps a snooze may help. What a wasted day off.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • abba1772
    Options
    A nap during the day is never a waste of a day you obviously need a rest so listen to your body as you don't want to crash and burn xx
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,860 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    What I am realising is if you can go with it do. Have the nap. Don't do much. It will shift. I was unable to do anything yesterday. I was irritable and my mood was foul. Today? I pulled the plug and before long I could do anything :)
    I am blaming my hormones :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    edited 18 April 2018 at 7:07PM
    Options
    Thanks DIA and Abba.

I did manage to do something. I lay on the trampoline and watched the sky.

Phew I'm pooped now.:rotfl:

I've cancelled today.

• parsniphead
    Options
    Afternoon all.

A busy few days for me. I have so much sewing on I'm not sure which way to turn, but its a good thing.:D Plenty of money will be coming in very soon.:D:D

I have spent today on the house again. With my single glazing I struggle with damp and mould so I have been pouring bleach down the bathroom walls to clean them. Its looking much more sparkling. It does really need a good old paint though and I STILL need to get a new basin sorted.:mad: I'm in a real cleaning mood so would love to have tomorrow off to sew and clean. :o No chance though as work beckons.

Anyway a bit of food then a bit more tidying.

Have a good evening. Enjoy the last of the sun if you have it.:D

• abba1772
    Options
    You've had a productive weekend parsnip glad to hear you've got plenty of sewing work xx
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Good to see you making such progress - obviously that book is a proper motivator! And I think plenty of us have those slump days. The body, soul or your will power decide to have a break and nothing you can do seems to shift them into gear. I just tell myself I need a rest and try to go with it because if I don't, I pay for it.

My decluttering has made no progress recently as I've been away/working but it's time I got back on the bandwagon and reading your thread generally helps. :) Hope you can get your sewing and cleaning time while the mood is strong!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thank you Abba and cherryfudge.

My jobs in the house are very up and down. I just seem to struggle with consistency with, well everything actually.

The sewing is going well, I have more stuff to do which is good.:) I just need to keep getting on with it.

I'm trying a need healthy eating plan which seems much more doable. I low I won't stick to anything tomstrict or complicated but after reading a book about this plan a whole ago I have decided to give it a go. I will let you know how it goes.

The house. Oh well, what can I say. I continue with the sorting, some days more than other but it never seems any different. I won't lie I'm getting very frustrated and annoyed. I do break up for the summer about the end of June and wanted it done by then but its never ending. I will have three weeks without DS while he is at school when I do finish so I suppose I could crack on then with no interruptions ........... I will keep going and going but who knows. I guess most of the easy stuff has been done and the difficult stuff to decide on is left. I will do it tough. BEFORE CHRISTMAS IT WILL BE A VERY DIFFERENT HOUSE.

Debt. Well I have less debt and fewer in number to pay off. I'm really looking forward to payday to hit another one hard. It should be done in three months then it will be the next smallest. After that on I will only have the big t3sco one left. I'm feeling much more in control with this now.

At last I have two foodstuff coming up in the garden. Two stalks of rhubarb :rotfl:, that should keep me going and some peas. I really need to crack on with this all now if I want to be fed during the next year.

The bay roof....let's move on eh. Nothing done as of yet.:o

Anyway I'm hoping for some dryer weather in the next few weeks as the sun also motivates me more.

Have a good weekend all. X

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure