The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,052 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Great to hear both business and vacuuming are going well! Yes, we have sun. Lovely, isn't it!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fingers crossed there will be more sun today cherry. It does raise the spirits.

I have to do my fortnightly shop this morning (boo hiss) then take DS to get some new school shoes as he has grown out of his. It's going to be an expensive day I feel.

Later if it is dry then an hour in the garden is called for.

Apart from that more of the usual housework and sorting as tomorrow we are of to the Black Country Museum. I have a free pass for a year and we are treating ourselves to fish and chips.

Anyway must get on and let DS loose with the polish again.

Have a good day.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    You seem to be in a good place and you are being less hard on yourself. The sunshine makes a difference doesn't it?

I hope you get out in the garden but even if you do not the museum and fish and chips with DS are enough to = a lovely day

Enjoy :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I really need to get my garden sorted it's a bomb roll on more sunshine xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Me too Abba, ours looks like a WW2 shell went off on the patio, and then got left for the next 70 years...

PH the musuem trip and fish and chips sounds lovely.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,052 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yay to the housework, sorting, museum and F&C - all good things to be doing!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thank you for the comments.:D I'm really looking forward to the visit tomorrow as the fish and chips are legendary.

Its been a busy and expensive day today. A new pair of school shoes and trainers for DS. Oh well unless I stick soles to his feet Ihave to cough up.

Later I decided to draft myself a new skirt block pattern with my current measurements. It seems that over the past few years I have tuned into a box/cube. The side seams were straight, not curved. Shocking :eek:. After tomorrows little jaunt things have to change food wise. I've slipped into a dreadful junk food habit and it has to stop.

I knew I carried some weight but to see it in context with my work has very much opened my eyes to the real issue.:eek:

I've been reading a lot lately and have recently been trying to read 'Eat that frog'. My goodness, it's boring but I intend to finish it. (Actually I have just read DIA's thread where she talks about frogs and it jogged my mind to continue with it. Fingers crossed it will inspire me to start facing up to things.

Anyway a few more minutes then I'm going to slope off to bed. Have a good day all.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    I actually laughed out loud at your description of yourself as box/cube. It's how I feel. I'm sure you're not though.

Am I the only one who is dying to know more about the pizza/ lust?
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Nope, me too boxofpaws

parsniphead, I'm sure it snot as bad as you think but sometimes it takes a thing like that to give you some focus. I've got square hips no matter what size I am though so I dress to reflect that. No patterns for me!
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I am also refocusing on my weight. It drives me mad! On the way up AGAIN. t is so boring but important I think that we get it down as much as possible?

Hope you are having a good day :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills