The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think we had the same teacher. :) Don't worry about the 150 blank pages, they are a call to creative people to fill them up somehow. What the teacher didn't recognise is that some blank space is helpful to see the creative work properly. What else are full stops for?

I wouldn't get too hung up on whether you procrastinate and don't organise... in my opinion procrastination is about a natural reluctance to leave the comfortable to face the uncomfortable, it's not who you are. When life gets tough we naturally tend to go to safe places, whether those are in our heads or in inactivity/displacement activities. I am particularly good at displacement activites. Narrowly missed the Olympic Team for it, in fact, but that's okay: I put off my practice so often my heart clearly wasn't in it. :)

As for living in our heads, that's because we are creative.

Hugs and support for this hard time in your life xx

I know what you mean about procrastination cherry but it really gets on my nerves at times.

I will ways be a dreamer though. I just don't want another 30 years to pass and realise I spent so much time dreaming I forgot to do stuff.

I'm just at a funny age. If I were male I may be chasing 20 year old girls.;):rotfl:
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,055 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Don't mess with your hair until you feel better!!!!:eek:

Actually I'd agree with you if it's anything permanent. At least with hair it grows out eventually if you need it to, but in my case that would take a very long time. :D

Aren't there spray in colours though? No harm in those unless you mind your bathroom changing colour. Ours has been a faint shade of neon green since DS went on a Halloween Park Run.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Ours has been a faint shade of neon green since DS went on a Halloween Park Run.
    This is funny :rotfl:
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    I know what you mean about procrastination cherry but it really gets on my nerves at times.

I will ways be a dreamer though. I just don't want another 30 years to pass and realise I spent so much time dreaming I forgot to do stuff.

I'm just at a funny age. If I were male I may be chasing 20 year old girls.;):rotfl:

It depends what it is you procrastinate about? Other people's agendas, achieving your most cherished dreams or clearing the way to start on those dreams - those are all very different. Digging out our motivations is a lengthy process in itself but I think it can pay off.

• parsniphead
    Options
    Don't mess with your hair until you feel better!!!!:eek:

Do the loose women lack class I didn't know. But isn't Gloria Honeybunch one of them? She is classy. No? I must confess i don't watch them but they talk about life and drink tea? no?

I know what you mean about not getting things done...I never seem to get to the end of my dishes...:o

My 18 year old self was a complete idiot. I am glad we are no longer equated :) That said I preferred her boobs :rotfl:

Keep posting parsniphead. I miss your funny wisdom :)

I didn't have any boobs. Two asprin on an ironing board ;), not now though. Along with fat came boobs.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Actually I'd agree with you if it's anything permanent. At least with hair it grows out eventually if you need it to, but in my case that would take a very long time. :D

Aren't there spray in colours though? No harm in those unless you mind your bathroom changing colour. Ours has been a faint shade of neon green since DS went on a Halloween Park Run.
    This is funny :rotfl:

Bathroom needs decorating. It's a thought.:rotfl: Kill two birds with one stone.

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Bathroom needs decorating. It's a thought.:rotfl: Kill two birds with one stone.
    Even funnier :rotfl::rotfl:
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    Dead birds on neon green is an original idea for a bathroom. Stick with the pillar box red. ;)

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    my 18 year self old self was married to a numpty, mother of two and too naive to see what a numpty i was married to while thinking i knew it all
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    my 18 year self old self was married to a numpty, mother of two and too naive to see what a numpty i was married to while thinking i knew it all

You just described my 18 year old self :rotfl: :rotfl:
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure