Bank of Scotland Vantage needs 2 dds

Options

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,096 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    okydoky wrote: »

Incidentally being pedantic, the letters confirm the request to add new linked accounts, not to say that the direct debits are in place, although I'm sure that you have done this? 👍

Yes, done it. Just checked the wording on the six letters and it's

"...and we have set up a direct debit mandate for the above account - this can be used to make regular direct payment or to make one off payments..."

So it doesn't confirm the setting up of the payments though I did get the confirmation online when doing them.

Thanks
  • Radaday
    Radaday Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    I am having trouble trying to set up DD from my Tesco current accounts it will let me set up standing orders but not DD also tried it on my Halifax account and cant find the facility to set DD only standing orders.
    Standing orders do not fit the BOS criteria.
    Any help from you people who have already set up DD would be most helpful
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 20 May 2016 at 9:49AM
    Options
    I have just seen that Birmingham Midshires have stopped allowing DDs to deposit money into their savings accounts.

With all the posters on this forum and others setting up 6 DDs on their Tesco accounts, I wonder how long it will take before Tesco do the same.

After all as I understand Tesco pay a fee for each DD they take, and I'm sure someone in their finance section will notice the large %. increase in the number of new DDs being set up.
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Radaday wrote: »
    I am having trouble trying to set up DD from my Tesco current accounts it will let me set up standing orders but not DD also tried it on my Halifax account and cant find the facility to set DD only standing orders.

DDs can not be set up from Tesco current accounts. You will need to open one of their savings accounts to do this.
  • dggar
    dggar Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Radaday wrote: »

You need these Tesco accounts

http://www.tescobank.com/savings/flexible/instant-access/index.html

http://www.tescobank.com/savings/flexible/internet-saver/index.html
  • mapk
    mapk Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    FOREVER21 wrote: »
    I have just seen that Birmingham Midshires have stopped allowing DDs to deposit money into their savings accounts.

With all the posters on this forum and others setting up 6 DDs on their Tesco accounts, I wonder how long it will take before Tesco do the same.

After all as I understand Tesco pay a fee for each DD they take, and I'm sure someone in their finance section will notice the large %. increase in the number of new DDs being set up.

Fair comment here, reiterating a concern raised previously by many posters. Perhaps - a la Prince - we could start referring to T***O as TAFKAT: The Account Formerly Known As T***O. That should help save the bacon :)
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,861 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 May 2016 at 12:11PM
    Options

Perhaps a good enough reason to not stick to just £1 DD's.
    Have BM stopped existing DD's to continue or just new ones?
    Could have ramifications for regular savers linked to current accounts that require DD's especially if mid term when there can be penalties for early closure.

I just looked up BM website and it still lists DD's into savings accounts as an option for depositing funds for existing customers.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,609 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    2 tesco bank accounts

Current accounts or savings accounts? See previous posts.
  • mapk
    mapk Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    Could have ramifications for regular savers linked to current accounts that require DD's especially if mid term when there can be penalties for early closure..

I suppose, with notice and assuming alternative DDs could be found, that midterm cancellation and replacement would just be inconvenient. The shape of things to come? :(
  • alternate
    alternate Posts: 703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Where did you read that?

BM has never been as popular (or as taken advantage of) as tesco because it was one linked account per savings account.

Also, I don't believe you can pay in to BM directly - so they will need to totally change their system.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure