Bank of Scotland Vantage needs 2 dds

Options

Comments

• xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Also, I don't believe you can pay in to BM directly

I have a BM account - I could use the DD linked to my current account but I usually don't - I send an FP from another account.
  • alternate
    alternate Posts: 703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    xylophone wrote: »
    I have a BM account - I could use the DD linked to my current account but I usually don't - I send an FP from another account.

It is a while since I used BM but back then I don't think they even surfaced the sort code and the account number was the longer building society type. Must have changed.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BM strangely enough still use a clearing account at Barclays.
  • alternate
    Options
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    BM strangely enough still use a clearing account at Barclays.

I noticed that. Owned by Lloyds are they not? Not exactly pushing the brand though. Would not be surprised if they shut to new customers all together.
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    alternate wrote: »
    I noticed that. Owned by Lloyds are they not? Not exactly pushing the brand though. Would not be surprised if they shut to new customers all together.

It's the most convenient brand LBG has to attract money from the rate tarts.

When they want that money.

They won't kill it off.
  • alternate
    Options
    How does that work? - the rates do not seem especially good.
  • Daps
    Daps Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    Does setting up Paypal as a direct debit and moving funds from the current account to the Paypal account (via direct debit) work for these purposes? Could take the pressure off Tesco a little if they only have have to deal with half the saver's DDs and not close to 100% of them!
  • Brallaqueen
    Brallaqueen Posts: 1,355 Forumite
    Options
    Using the yes o instant savers, can you deposit the money back into the vantage account? Otherwise it is essentially a 24 quid fee for the BOS account
    Emergency savings: 4600
    0% Credit card: 1965.00
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 May 2016 at 3:56AM
    Options
    Daps wrote: »
    Does setting up Paypal as a direct debit and moving funds from the current account to the Paypal account (via direct debit) work for these purposes? Could take the pressure off Tesco a little if they only have have to deal with half the saver's DDs and not close to 100% of them!

Yes they count.

I use PayPal and tesco as my DD funding criteria on most of my accounts PayPal is also handy for when DD are due to be taken close to month end.

Quite handy as long as you request it more the seven days before month end as it takes 5 days to process:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Radaday
    Radaday Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Westie983 wrote: »
    Yes they count.

I use PayPal and tesco as my DD funding criteria on most of my accounts PayPal is also handy for when DD are due to be taken close to month end.

Quite handy as long as you request it more the seven days before month end as it takes 5 days to process:

what tesco account do you have i got 2 Tesco current accounts but it wont let me set up DD to take money out of BOS only standing orders and thats no good
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure