Bank of Scotland Vantage needs 2 dds

Options

Comments

• FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The business of opening a Tesco savings account for me at least has become very tedious, as I have mentioned in my earlier posts.Every time I tried to open a joint account I continued, despite using 3 different browsers,getting error codes.

On phoning Tesco, it turned out that according to them my oh had already got an account with them which she hasn't and that is why I couldn't progress to account opening.
    I explained she had never had aTesco account and asked if they could check their records, of course the good old data protection act kicked in at this stage, and they said they would need to speak to my wife to do this.

After having checked their records and confirmed she did not have an account, I was then transferred to technical support. The out come was that I should try and open a joint account using my details first.

Success! managed to progress to the final stage, including setting up a linked account for my first DD, only then to get a message that they needed to investigate further and they will contact me within 5 working days.

As I need to open another account when (if) this is sorted I wonder if I will need to go through the whole process again or if opening a second account from my new account will be easier. I of course will then have to set up the other DDs.

Whilst I realise that once this is all done I will continue to get my interest from BOS but is it worth it?

Finally has anyone else received the "need to investigate further message"? and if so what additional information did they require?
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    FOREVER21 wrote: »
    Whilst I realise that once this is all done I will continue to get my interest from BOS but is it worth it?
    Depends how much you value £255 per year.

Calculation:
    3% in BOS vs 1.3% easy access elsewhere = 1.7% difference
    £15,000 * 0.017 = 255
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    glider3560 wrote: »

Calculation:
    £15,000 * 0.017 = 255

And if you have everything else maxed out, it's the full 3%.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Jsscmm
    Jsscmm Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Tesco errored a few times on me today, setting up the new DDs. I gave in 10 mins (whilst I set up some from my legacy egg account and considered how I could get the other 3 needed if tesco wouldn't play) but then it worked. Either the break fixed it or selecting yes yo setting up DDs for the other tesco account worked.
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Radaday wrote: »
    looking for terms to see if its ok to have more than 1 tesco internet savings account or iv got to open one of each open a instant access account too.
    Yes, it's OK, if there are no terms to say that you can't.
  • Dan83
    Dan83 Posts: 672 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    And if you have everything else maxed out, it's the full 3%.

3% AER, you have to save the interest at 3% to get 3%. Otherwise it's 2.96%
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 May 2016 at 8:27AM
    Options
    Dan83 wrote: »
    3% AER, you have to save the interest at 3% to get 3%. Otherwise it's 2.96%

I was responding to post #113 that also mentioned BOS @ 3%, but you chose not to mention that post!
    glider3560 wrote: »

Calculation:
    £15,000 * 0.017 = 255

It's only a difference of £6, (£2 per account), over the year, hardly worth you mentioning it.

The point of the post was to show the difference could be higher than the figures quoted in post #113, and if you move the monthly interest out to another, (smaller %), savings account you could indirectly "compound" the interest thereby achieving more than the headline 3%.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Radaday
    Radaday Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    OK guys just like to thank everyone who explained how to set up the DD for BOS accounts.

Set up Tesco Internet saver account no problem and also set my 3 BOS DD'd it was quite simple as it asks you when you open the account where you want the DD to come from to feed the account.

Just got to do the Tesco Instant Access Account later, cant see there being any problem, that will be the 2 x DD per my 3 BOS accounts sorted.

The Tesco Internet Saver account has a better rate ( 1.21% ) than my Halifax Online Saver (1.00% ) so will be transferring money out of Halifax to Tesco.

Thanks again to all who gave advice
  • typistretired
    typistretired Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 May 2016 at 7:59PM
    Options
    Loved the way when I was setting up the direct debits for one savings account, message came up asking if I wanted to add details to other accounts with them, so it was much quicker doing direct debits for other savings account as details were in the drop down list:beer:

OOPS when I checked my bank of Scotland current accounts today I found I have 3 direct debits going out to Tesco from each of my three current accounts. So clicking yes to the message must have meant I set up direct debits from my other Tesco savings account. Then I went into the other savings account and set up direct debits to my three bank of Scotland current accounts making nine in total.

The strange thing is that only 3 direct debits are showing against each saver account. Will found out more on the 1st June when they go out.
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I have 2 internet savers, I assume this will work fine (it has worked fine for Halifax Reward and others)? Or should I open the instant access
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure