PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• smallholdingsister
    Options
    Thanks Dave. We will still be neighbours but I will be t'other side of the 377.
  • phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sulphate what Donkeys they are.

We are sale agreed!

Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive and upbeat. This is a great thread.

Yay!!! So very pleased for you, Smallholding :T:T:T
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • Tea&Biscuits
    Options
    So our 2 bed terrace has been on the market since 7th April. We've had 1 viewing but the feedback was that our 2nd bedroom (box) was too small.

We have another viewing booked for tomorrow- a ftb. I'm hoping she will love it. There is literally nothing else cosmetic we could do to the house if we tried.

Tonight we are sweeping, hoovering, dusting and generally cleaning to within an inch of our lives

Fingers crossed.
  • houndour
    houndour Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Mr_da wrote: »
    Excepted offer on mine yesterday, and made offer on the one I want yesterday, excepted to after a bit of haggling 😀 Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. As wasn't far off taking off the market. Onwards and upwards hopefully.
    Congrats :) How long have you been waiting?
    Sulphate what Donkeys they are.

We are sale agreed!

Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive and upbeat. This is a great thread.
    Congrats to you too. :)
    So our 2 bed terrace has been on the market since 7th April. We've had 1 viewing but the feedback was that our 2nd bedroom (box) was too small.

We have another viewing booked for tomorrow- a ftb. I'm hoping she will love it. There is literally nothing else cosmetic we could do to the house if we tried.

Tonight we are sweeping, hoovering, dusting and generally cleaning to within an inch of our lives

Fingers crossed.
    Good luck for tomorrow.

I had an agent around tonight to try and haggle down. It didn't go too well on my behalf.

Viewing a house tomorrow and having a decision in principle done on Friday. So things are moving in the right direction for now. Just need to decide on an agent. Would like to have that sorted by Monday. I guess someone needs to be in for photos? So maybe Wednesday if they can sort that. They did say if the photographer is free it can be done same day, but I need to time to clean up a bit :)
  • Lovem
    Lovem Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    We have offers on ours! One called with an offer 10 minutes after leaving and the other shortly after.

Here's the deal we have more viewings booked next week. One is a cash buyer (so ideal really) the ea is trying to get him to view asap. So Monday evening close of business is full and final offers. So happy as all the hard work has paid off.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Lovem great job!
  • LoopyLoops
    LoopyLoops Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good news Lovem!
  • hmd1987
    hmd1987 Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    advice needed and a bit of a rant

so our house went up with the 3rd estate agent last saturday, we dropped the price to £124,950 (house opposite us is identical floor plan but 1 less bedroom and no ensuite, sold just before xmas for 128). Couple came to view yesterday lunchtime and loved it, came back at 6 with some extended family to look.

Just received a call from the EA, they've offered £105!! i feel quite taken aback actually, i understand people want to spend as little as possible and want discounts but come on! its a 3 bed semi, only 5 years old, no major work needed at all, maybe just personal decoration.

I've declined it, of course, and the EA said he was on my side, he couldn't believe the offer either, thought it was outrageous. I've said my very bottom line would be 122/123

Feeling quite frustrated now.

We were supposed to have someone else come to view this afternoon but she has cancelled and said she will reschedule next week
  • Lovem
    Lovem Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    hmd1987 wrote: »
    advice needed and a bit of a rant

so our house went up with the 3rd estate agent last saturday, we dropped the price to £124,950 (house opposite us is identical floor plan but 1 less bedroom and no ensuite, sold just before xmas for 128). Couple came to view yesterday lunchtime and loved it, came back at 6 with some extended family to look.

Just received a call from the EA, they've offered £105!! i feel quite taken aback actually, i understand people want to spend as little as possible and want discounts but come on! its a 3 bed semi, only 5 years old, no major work needed at all, maybe just personal decoration.

I've declined it, of course, and the EA said he was on my side, he couldn't believe the offer either, thought it was outrageous. I've said my very bottom line would be 122/123

Feeling quite frustrated now.

We were supposed to have someone else come to view this afternoon but she has cancelled and said she will reschedule next week

Ouch! I would stick to my guns on it. Things are picking up so fingers crossed for you
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    hmd. Don't worry. Our first offer was a daft one. The second was 40k higher. You did right.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback