PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• Mickygg
    Mickygg Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fab news smallholdingsister. Good luck with the sale and chain.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done SHS, exciting times ahead.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• smallholdingsister
    Options
    Thanks all. Phoebe we have our eye on somewhere.
    It would make a chain of three houses.
  • LoopyLoops
    LoopyLoops Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kieron Well Done! Caravan? I would.

Hmd Sounds Promising.

We are in possession of an offer 40k higher than the last. Tomorrow I will try to put a chain together.

Oooohhhh! Excited!

I am so very pleased for you! :j
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Thank you. If we can sell then you are all definitely going to!

I realise there are a few hurdles yet.
  • golly99
    golly99 Posts: 454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    3 viewings booked in now for Sat..seen a place we really like and offered asking price but not sold so fingers crossed one of the 3 put in a bid pronto! Good luck all, doing some touch up jobs over the next 2 nights!
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Everyone's doing well! Will keep my fingers crossed it all works out :) x
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • Lovem
    Lovem Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    Another viewing today booked on ours. Last minute one! So fingers crossed that is a good sign.

Our house went on other yet another agent last night 10 clicked for more details and 6 have saved it out of the 10.
  • chrissie83
    chrissie83 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations Kieron & SHS!!
    Good luck to those with viewings soon.

I've just spoken to our EA, he said it's gone quiet on our road lately. He thinks we should knock 2-3k off the house price from £99.995 to get people through the door. I'm unsure though as we might be a bit close to the bone with having enough equity to move etc. We had one of the awful northern rock 'together' mortgages for 9 years ( didn't understand the loan part or all it involved till recently) we were 22 & had no idea
    What is everyone's opinion on putting it at overs over 95k ( would accept 98) or is it a silly idea?
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,842 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    chrissie83 wrote: »
    Congratulations Kieron & SHS!!
    Good luck to those with viewings soon.

I've just spoken to our EA, he said it's gone quiet on our road lately. He thinks we should knock 2-3k off the house price from £99.995 to get people through the door. I'm unsure though as we might be a bit close to the bone with having enough equity to move etc. We had one of the awful northern rock 'together' mortgages for 9 years ( didn't understand the loan part or all it involved till recently) we were 22 & had no idea
    What is everyone's opinion on putting it at overs over 95k ( would accept 98) or is it a silly idea?

Unless you are in a busy, bouyant market it is daft to advertise offers over IMO. You are likely to get an offer of 95,500 and then have to refuse!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback