PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Lovem wrote: »
    Ouch! I would stick to my guns on it. Things are picking up so fingers crossed for you

? Mortgage lending is supposedly down about 20%?
  • amateur_house
    Options
    ? Mortgage lending is supposedly down about 20%?

Cash buyers? I missed out on the house I was buying when a cash buyer offered more.
  • golly99
    golly99 Posts: 454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, mixed bag from our viewings over the weekend, 2 have not supplied feedback (don't you just hate that!)..1 have said they need more space downstairs (no great loss as they were a nightmare) and 1 has put an offer in but needs to sell. Gutting thing is lost out on a property which we had viewed as they only wanted people with no chain/small chain (as had to relist due a chain breaking down). Getting tempted to take it off now as there's nothing around again which is in budget and not stupidly expensive!
  • Lovem
    Lovem Posts: 205 Forumite
    edited 25 April 2017 at 5:38PM
    Options
    Hi,
    This must be the most crazy post ever to grace this page but... I turned down a higher cash offer for a young couple who wanted the house as their starter home. I know I should keep my emotions out of it but I saw them when viewing they were so happy! They do need a mortgage so fingers crossed it all goes well. My heart is in that house so that's saying I am correct. My head is currently bashing my heart with a mallet saying 'you crazy fool'
  • hmd1987
    hmd1987 Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    not heard anything from the people that made the stupid offer....had a couple of first time buyers view tonight, they seemed to like it but then said they haven't been to the bank yet???
  • Mr_da
    Mr_da Posts: 122 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't know about turning down the higher offer, but I've had so many investors viewing my flat and would much rather sell to someone who actually wants to live in it themselves. Which fingers crossed has happened .
  • Lovem
    Lovem Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    Mr_da wrote: »
    I don't know about turning down the higher offer, but I've had so many investors viewing my flat and would much rather sell to someone who actually wants to live in it themselves. Which fingers crossed has happened .

That's what I do feel. Mine has definitely gone to a couple as I saw them. She was so happy and the rest of the family. I do hope they have many happy years in that house. I don't think my EA will ever want to work with me again. Crying on the phone as I didn't know what to do. :rotfl:
  • Mrs_Jay
    Options
    Hi all, we have had our house on the market for 7 weeks and had 3 viewings which doesn't seem very many to me, is this normal? We are in a town where other properties seem to be moving. It's only 4 years old and EA says beautifully presented but I'm just a bit stumped as to what could be putting people off, it's the same price as similar properties in the area. Beginning to suspect I may have chosen wrong EA. :(
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mrs_Jay wrote: »
    Beginning to suspect I may have chosen wrong EA. :(
    To be honest, unless the photography is truly terrible, the choice of EA isn't going to affect your property being seen on Rightmove etc.

It is on Rightmove?
  • Mrs_Jay
    Options
    Yes it's on right move and zoopla, we paid EA for a professional photographer so they are fine. Maybe I'm just being impatient
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback