Iresa Limited - New Energy Company?

Options

Comments

• Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 3 December 2016 at 4:17PM
    Options
    I firstly tried the method outlined in IRESA's confirmatory email that suggests there is a link to a web page where a customer can send a cancellation; this only takes you to a log in page where you are asked to enter your account and password details, neither of which I had been given. My second attempt was to try and call, and was unable to get through due to the high call waiting time and queue - I waited for ver twenty minutes, which I think is an unacceptable length of time. I resorted to an email, which was received, but ignored at the time. When I finally managed to speak to someone at day 15, they spoke to me consistently as if it was my fault that they hadn't acted on my instructions.
    http://www.iresa.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/

Your right to cancel
    2.3 You can cancel the contract (other than a deemed contract which cannot be cancelled) at any time within 14 days of entering into it (the first day being the day after you entered the contract as set out in clause 2.1), known as your cooling off period, by informing us of your wish to cancel by completing our online form via your account, sending an email to [EMAIL="sales@iresa.co.uk"]sales@iresa.co.uk[/EMAIL], or otherwise informing us in writing.

I've got an online account but can't find a cancellation form. Email to [EMAIL="sales@iresa.co.uk"]sales@iresa.co.uk[/EMAIL] should have worked.

I've had no problems with them but I didn't try to cancel. It sounds like dealing with cancellations needs improving.
    Keep us updated with your complaint.
    My reason for cancelling was I discovered (a little to late) a long list of complaints about them that have been posted on this, and other sites.
    Not sure about other parts of this site but in this thread there have been two negative posts about them. Both from newbies. One appears confused about the cancellation times #17 and the other appears to be an erroneous transfer #21.
  • Jayell_2
    Options
    I have just switched from Green Star Energy to Iresa. All communications via email and their website have been quick, trouble free and responsive. GSE owe me money and apparently I have to request them to give the refund. I am saving at least £25 this year on electricity alone. Cheap Energy club says I am on the best deal. Receiving interest on overpayments seems a fair deal.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Jayell wrote: »
    I have just switched from Green Star Energy to Iresa. All communications via email and their website have been quick, trouble free and responsive. GSE owe me money and apparently I have to request them to give the refund. I am saving at least £25 this year on electricity alone. Cheap Energy club says I am on the best deal. Receiving interest on overpayments seems a fair deal.

I assume that your monthly DD with Iresa was based on a years's usage in kWhs? You shouldn't have to request a refund once a Final Bill has been raised which can take up to 6 weeks from the day that your supply was transferred.
  • hoppytherabbit
    Options
    Anyone tried to contact Iresa today? Phone system has been down since early this morning.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Anyone tried to contact Iresa today? Phone system has been down since early this morning.

According to Iresa's website they have problems with their phones. It happens.
  • donerkebab
    donerkebab Posts: 177 Forumite
    edited 9 December 2016 at 1:41PM
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    According to Iresa's website they have problems with their phones. It happens.
    3 days in a row - hope its not another GB Energy in the making...... pull in signups with market leading low unit prices - then unable to cope fall apart
    In the words of Jerry Maguire "SHOW ME THE MONEY"
  • ASavvyBuyer
    Options
    I signed up with them on 22nd October. Cooling Off period just expired and been given the log on details for the account. Direct Debit already set up and 1st payment to be taken next week. Meter readings to be requested in about 10 days time and states changeover should be within 16 days. No problems so far!

Switch to Iresa for electricity completed at the beginning of the month. A little longer than the 35 days it is supposed to take, but OK. Final bill from e.on already received, so meter readings had been passed on promptly.
    Iresa account showing as in Credit, as no bills created yet, but I will submit readings at least once a month. Found that meter readings show in the account a few days after submitting them. Strange, but 1st reading (on switchover) shown about 3 times for the same date. I assume this is because the independent checker company has confirmed it was correct.
    No exit fee to pay at e.on, as changed to one of their tariffs with no exit fee before the cooling off period expired at Iresa.
    So far, happy that I switched to Iresa for a new fixed tariff before our current fix with e.on ended, as now about 30% cheaper than what is on offer from e.on and elsewhere.
    Will see how I get on with the bills and future service and report back.
  • ivanleo
    ivanleo Posts: 193 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Both my parents and I have switched to Iresa, switching the gas took a bit longer than expected due to the Independent Gas Transporter being a bit slow, but overall we are very pleased.

The tariffs are by far the cheapest on the market, both for the standing charge and the per unit price. The big 6 are basically a third more expensive and even the likes of Ovo Energy & First Utility can't match either the standing charge or the per KWh price.

The only limitations are that you must be comfortable dealing with paperless billing and paying by direct debit. The online account is quite straightforward, it provides a rolling statement, rather like a bank statement, they also pay interest on your credit balance. They do generate actual bills, but they're less clear than the transaction history on the online transaction history so I find it easier to just look at the online account to see what I've been charged.

If you're using anyone else, you're basically being over-charged.
  • andyjb49_2
    Options
    How interesting andyjb49. The incompetence of IRESA continues, in my experience. Having had written and verbal confirmation that they had cancelled my contract, I received another automated email from then today informing me that they are preparing my contract and that I will soon need to provide them with a meter reading! Incredible and frustrating. I have also written a letter of complaint, requesting a response and have not heard anything from them.
    I'm glad that your switch has progressed well, I only hope you don't have to actually deal with their so called customer support centre.

I had very good service from customer services too, in response to my call be back email. So sorry to hear that you weren't so fortunate as I and obviously others have been! Have a good Xmas and let's hope that things improve in 2017.
  • andyjb49_2
    Options
    ivanleo wrote: »
    Both my parents and I have switched to Iresa, switching the gas took a bit longer than expected due to the Independent Gas Transporter being a bit slow, but overall we are very pleased.

The tariffs are by far the cheapest on the market, both for the standing charge and the per unit price. The big 6 are basically a third more expensive and even the likes of Ovo Energy & First Utility can't match either the standing charge or the per KWh price.

The only limitations are that you must be comfortable dealing with paperless billing and paying by direct debit. The online account is quite straightforward, it provides a rolling statement, rather like a bank statement, they also pay interest on your credit balance. They do generate actual bills, but they're less clear than the transaction history on the online transaction history so I find it easier to just look at the online account to see what I've been charged.

If you're using anyone else, you're basically being over-charged.

I wholeheartedly agree with your last sentence. Here's to a happy and cheaper new year!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure