We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Options

Comments

• newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 October 2016 at 1:06PM
    Options
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD6 Claire_A87 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD10 twigpig - Awaiting ov :ohttps://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/353d56/
    CD14 ButterflyBabe - Awaiting ov :o
    CD18 Ratison - Awaiting ov :o
    CD20 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD28 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD31 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD49 kira000 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD73 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD6 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD7 Cherrygale - Awaiting ov :o

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD42 LittleMissGiggle - 26DPO :cool:
    CD149 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov :o

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Newthrift 20/10/16
    Snowscreamer 15/10/16
    Firebird082 08/10/16
    Penguingirl 24/09/16
    april87 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • A0503
    A0503 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    I had a bit of brown spotting yesterday and the day before. I am between 7 - 9 dpo. I have never had any spotting mid-cycle before, I have heard about implantation bleeding but I don't want to get excited in case its just random and means nothing xx
  • Claire_A87
    Options
    :wave: Hello

I'm kind of dipping a tentative toe into this thread, having been on the OTTC #11 thread a few years ago. My LB is coming up to 15 months and we've sort of made the decision to begin trying again...well, my partner really wants to and I'm coming round to the idea! My LB is a truly awful sleeper so it's not the most appealing thought to me right now, but we definitely want more children & I want to get the newborn stuff out of the way!

I was somewhat obsessed with TTC last time; took OPKs and a million HPTs in our 4 months of trying. I hope to be more chilled out this time around & have our LB distract me from it all.

Anywho, hope you're all ok. Can I be put on the list as CD6 please? xx
    DS - 08/15

OU: BA (Hons) Open, 1
  • ButterflyBabe
    Options
    Morning all,

I'm in need of some advice, I've been doing OPK's twice a day since CD10 and I have just done one now and both lines look the same colour. Am I right in thinking that is a positive? I've gone onto my Ovia app to add the data but I'm unsure whether to put positive or high. If I put positive it changed my fertility score to 9.5 and says today's the last day of my fertile window but if I put high the score stays at 5 and the first day of my fertile window.

I'm so confused. This is the first month I have properly been tracking OV and putting all the relevant data into Ovia. I'm so worried of missing when I OV and ruining our chances this month.

Sorry for babbling but I just need some advice xx
  • Rachylou1981
    Options
    Morning all,

I'm in need of some advice, I've been doing OPK's twice a day since CD10 and I have just done one now and both lines look the same colour. Am I right in thinking that is a positive? I've gone onto my Ovia app to add the data but I'm unsure whether to put positive or high. If I put positive it changed my fertility score to 9.5 and says today's the last day of my fertile window but if I put high the score stays at 5 and the first day of my fertile window.

I'm so confused. This is the first month I have properly been tracking OV and putting all the relevant data into Ovia. I'm so worried of missing when I OV and ruining our chances this month.

Sorry for babbling but I just need some advice xx

I am not 100% but my take on this is that different OPKs have different results. The cheapies are usually positive/negative. The more expensive ones give a fertility peak, often with smiley faces so I hear. If yours is lines then I would guess it is positive. You can usually tell them apart from negative as the control line is either the same colour or lighter than the test line. I think the peak ones would work differently in that they start off as low and then reach a high peak. Hope that helps. Someone else may be able to clarify (I use the cheapies from Amazon and I think they are accurate)
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    edited 25 October 2016 at 12:37PM
    Options
    Hey Butterfly. If you are using cheapie OPKs it should be a positive. Test = control is a positive and means you should ov within next 36 hours or so, so yes get on it!

High refers to the digital OPK which give you a low-high-peak reading throughout.

Be aware, you may get positives for a couple if you are testing twice per day - I only ever tested once per day around 4pm and still usually got 2 positives on the trot, it's because it will show positive throughout your surge and the actual ov will happen within it.

But in conclusion - I'd say go go go!
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • angel11
    angel11 Posts: 411 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome Claire, fx your stay here is short.

Butterfly I'd input positive, since that's what you seem to have got. The low, medium, high ratings on ovia are for more advanced opks that show those actual readings. A positive opk basically shows that lh has peaked - this will trigger ov in the next few days, so now is your peak fertility time!! I wouldn't worry too much about the fertility rating on ovia, the signs your body is giving you are way more accurate.
  • ButterflyBabe
    Options
    Thanks Racheylou and cats. That makes perfect sense. They are IC that I'm using, just concerned me when I put a positive into Ovia and it said today's my last fertile day, surely I will be at my most fertile for the next couple of days if a positive test indicates a surge in LH meaning OV will happen 12-24 hours after the surge?

OH and I have been DTD every other day since CD10 and will continue to do so until after OV.

I find it so fascinating tracking my body properly this month. What amazing machines our bodies are!!
  • ButterflyBabe
    Options
    Oops Angel I was replying to the others when your reply came through. I think your right, I should monitor what my body is doing and I shouldn't take too much notice of what Ovia has predicted. I suppose Ovia is handy for tracking changes in my body over the course of my cycle but not necessarily handy for its predictions.
  • Rachylou1981
    Options
    Welcome Claire

I wouldn't take too much notice of the fertile days on the app Butterfly. From CD10 is good as a starting point and then make sure you get some in following the positive OPK for up to 3 days. I always do as much as possible between CD10 and CD17 (usually Ov CD13/14). Every other day should work just as well as every day. Good luck :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure