Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That is one of my posts from a while back that was copied. Seems very strange for someone to rummage that far back to find something to copy, nowt so queer as folk.

I am on the second bout of relative visiting. And while its nice to see people, it has meant that most of my break has been spent away from home. I will get back Monday and be back at work on Tuesday. Just once in a while I would like a few days to myself with no one else to take into account.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I liked to say things are better but there worse. Over the last fortnight Loon has been in hospital twice including an emergency admission on boxing day. He know has two blood clots in the lung and has broken quality bone in his back probably because of the steroids.

It's awful seeing him so weak and helpless and tomorrow is his birthday so please let it be a calm day.

I'm running on fumes. Can't stop crying.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Torry, hugs and best wishes to you both. Really don't know what else to say.
    elsien wrote: »
    I am on the second bout of relative visiting. And while its nice to see people, it has meant that most of my break has been spent away from home. I will get back Monday and be back at work on Tuesday. Just once in a while I would like a few days to myself with no one else to take into account.

I worked this week so I could come home on Boxing day, and refused an invitation for New year which would have meant a third weekend in a row up and down the M4 to London which I knew that would be spreading me too thin. It sounds like you need to say 'no' more often and respect that you have needs as well. It took me decades to manage it and I'm still not very good at it.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Amberkitten5
    Options
    I liked to say things are better but there worse. Over the last fortnight Loon has been in hospital twice including an emergency admission on boxing day. He know has two blood clots in the lung and has broken quality bone in his back probably because of the steroids.

It's awful seeing him so weak and helpless and tomorrow is his birthday so please let it be a calm day.

Torry Quine please accept gentle hugs from a hummingbird. I feel so touched by your story as I come from your town - although I now live a wee bit further away - but I still have family there and some in your part of town too - many of my relatives lived there at one time (fisher folk). I hope you find the strength you need and hope you both have a calm day tomorrow - it would have been my Grandmother's birthday too - so I will be thinking of you and Loon as well.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ((((((((((((Torry))))))))))))) :A
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• seven-day-weekend
    Options

So sorry, Torry :(
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Tory so sorry to read your news :(
    Just popping in to wish you all a healthy NY and to say thanks for all the support you've all given me, dispite your own struggles, thanks for tolerating my MH issues, and given me sanctuary here :)
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Torry, very very sorry to hear this. Lovely that an amberkitten hummingbird has popped in (I have a wonderful mental picture of what an amberkitten hummingbird looks like). Sorry to be cheesy, but peace and love to everyone this new year - and good health too. xxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Firstly big hugs to Torry, I'm sorry things have been so bad for you both.

I also want to say thank you to everyone here. I'm not the most frequent poster, and I often hide away for stretches, but you are always so kind and supportive when I have a melt down and come on here to blurt and blub. It means more than I can say, and the kindness of strangers is a wonderful thing to me especially because I don't have any "real life" friends. Thank you xx

I'm hoping I can make 2018 the year I put on my big girl pants and take back a bit of control over my life. My anxiety and fears have been completely ruling my life and I am going to try and be proactive in getting better. I bought the book yesterday "Feel the fear and do it anyway" by Susan Jeffers, so I am starting my new year with a bit of self help and good intentions. I hope everyone has more health and happiness in 2018 x
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My friend with mental health problems came to mine for New Year, he decided to drink half a large bottle of whiskey, then 5 cans of 9% lager which meant he could barely stand up then went back and forth between no energy then blurting his innermost feelings to me, drained me totally and he only left at 1.30am.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback