🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's already let
    I really don't want to talk about it
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Its difficult, for my home town and where I first moved to when I left both have amazing memories, I should of mentioned the place I first moved to was the town where family member was murdered so it does come to mind when I am there, and much of what I liked is long gone in terms of shops and student pub or old fashioned pubs, still a beautiful town though

The other part I should mention is age a little too and feeling out of touch, past memories I lived there when I was 17 and again when 20 so I could go to pub and feel like a normal 20 year old, now its more of a student scene in all the pubs in town apart from the "old mens pubs" and Wetherspoons i.e very hipster so a guy in his mid 30s going to one I would feel strange.

The other thing about going back is the rents have skyrocketed, it used to be more bedsits and even student accomodation was dirt cheap but now its become trendy even a hmo is like £80 a week

Its not nostalgia or living in the past as much as I think I was lucky and landed on my feet straight away when I left home and like specific things both my home town and that town I moved to has a lot of old victorian houses, loads of playing fields and river walks though even as a teenager I thought it wasn't best place for work.

Anyway a update on me, turns out I may of broke my shoulder months ago and didn't know about it.
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,975 Forumite
    Options
    Hi dekaspace, welcome to the thread (and apologies if you've been here before and I've missed / forgotten you :o ). Can't advise you on where to live, I haven't made that choice since I was 17 and looking at universities, came to Bristol, decided I liked the university and the city and made sure to get the grades they required. I've not left since. Do remember that rented was a complete lottery with the neighbours though. Izadora's idea seems a good one, force your brain into making a snap choice.

Beautiful cat picture Melly, continued best wishes both you and your OH.

And a hello to absent friends (WaS, code, tea, and others), hope you are all doing OK.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,975 Forumite
    Options
    And what I meant to say was I've been round the houses today, doctor's in a town near home for a blood sample to be drawn, Minor injury unit in a different town for an x-ray, then in to Bristol for work...

One GP appointment for the pain in my shoulder has led to another for the steroid injection, and at that appointment the different GP went through all the consultation that the first one did before giving me the injection, then as he said that "they don't see me very often" (well, no they don't, only when something isn't working properly :rotfl: ) he told me to book a blood test and follow up appointment, and organised the x-ray, which he said he expected to show nothing of interest. And I've got some forms to fill in asking me how much I drink, how often the amount of alcohol I drink causes me to forget things (new year's eve, 1999-2000 was the last time, so not very often), how much exercise I take and all sorts that I have to bring with me to that follow-up appointment next week.

Feels like it never ends :eek: no wonder they're so busy all the time!
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've got an appointment for an adult ADHD assessment.

It requests that I bring old school reports and someone who may have known me in childhood. ��
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 33,068 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They're looking to see if you showed symptoms in childhood, as it can be harder to spot in adults. I think if your reports comment on lack of organisation, being disruptive etc, that's a bit of a clue.
    I'm fairly sure I heard a radio programme the other week indicating that ADHD can sometimes develop as an adult but it's more usual to have been present in childhood as well. So anything that might back that up just gives them a bit more to go on, I guess.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    On the subject of that place, I have been planning to go for last few days but due to exhaustion didn't and with the weather so hot today I don't feel like 30 minutes on one train and a hour on another in blistering heat!

My plan was to spend overnight at relatives or go early and come back on late train as evening trains take 50 minutes to get back to mine rather than around 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours 15 minutes during day (as nightime is direct rather than transfer)

I better decide soon as the best trains to get are either 10am or 12.45pm and I like at least 9 hours sleep and it takes a hour to get ready and go to station (station is just under a mile away but buses to it are a nightmare)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    penguin (manchester)

i didn;t realise till tuesday what had actually happened, reading those first news reports i broken down. I spent many night at gigs and nights out in manchester with friends, and its hit me hard knowing any one of us could have been caught up in it. my supergvisors gf was and apparently its been difficult for her. We sadly heard that a young girl who worked in one of the manchester shops had died and also the wife of one of out delivery drivers. I got a bit annoyed with Swain as he said he couldn;t understand why people who weren;t involved were posting all over fb, i tried to point out that its a big thing and its affected everyone but we agreed to disagree. I ust feel so desperatloey sad for all involved. :( When i was a kid we didn't have to worry about terrorist attacks. Kids should just be able to be kids without all this being thrown at them. My anxiety has been kicking off a bit. I have long had a fear of police (mainly due to thinking they are pout to get me :o ) and seeing armed police at work isn;t helping. I feel selfish for being anxious though. Doesn;t help that people keep saying this shopping centre will be next. I fear more for y sister who regulary works on oxford st in london but if we live in fear then we let them win so yeah i don;t know how i should feel right now

[penguin]

Mood wise i felt up today so not sure if this is some weird mixed episode. I can feel the energy and that lights and sounds are more vibrant but i feel down as well. Its confusing.
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    2017-05-25-18-00-22_zps8deocfck.jpg

Someone heard the camera lol.

MU Are they playing with your medication at the minute? It could be that.
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    IMG-20170525-WA0001_zpshchpfozo.jpeg

Tigerbabies
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income