Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening my lovelies,

from reading see we have a MIA messed up. I do hope she is ok?

I see Melly is back :j

Not much to say. Still car less. my dad rang me after no contact for 6 weeks. And asked if I had left the country. He goes shopping with my mun one evening during the week in town, So no excuse. Got my new washing machine :j took nearly 4 weeks not impressed.

Was a good girl and sent my mum some flowers as it was her birthday a couple of weeks ago. Used bloom & wild they send through the post. And with some jiggling got a good price as well.

oh did something a bit different at the weekend. Paid to get locked in a room for an hour. Have to solve clues to find keys to get get out the room. Did not manage it but enjoyed myself. might have to go again to see if I can finish :rotfl:

And just in case anyone wonders you do have a unlocked fire exit for H & S reasons.

Hugs and handshakes and squishes to all that need them.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The etiquette repost.....
    Pyxis wrote: »
    (The thread etiquette will be reposted every ten or so pages.)
    ........:starmod:......................................................................:starmod:.....................
    Here is the suggested THREAD ETIQUETTE. By following this etiquette, all posters, whether new or existing, will feel safe, unpressured and respected..

!!!But first...............please be assured..................................................................******It should be pointed out that if anyone is feeling very distressed or close to a crisis, they do not have to worry about what they are posting, or whether it is a penguin for someone else or not. (See below about penguins). In a crisis situation, just post! We wouldn't want anyone to feel that they couldn't ask for help in case it's a penguin! The penguin thing only applies to a general discussion situation.******

- This is a thread for support. We have discovered some good friends on here, but we promise always to welcome and include new people, and not to be cliquey.

- People may make suggestions to help each other, and might even ask if the suggestions were helpful or have been carried out, but we'll really try not to nag each other or put too much pressure on.

- The normal board rules about sexism, racism, homophobia etc. apply, but if we are careful we should be able to discuss almost anything without breaching board rules - so far we have discussed subjects ranging from child abuse to incontinence!

-If someone thinks that too much pressure is being applied, they can post the trigger word PENGUIN and flag up the fact that they believe there's a potential for someone feeling too nagged to do something. ANYONE could post PENGUIN if they felt there was a danger that suggestions were being enforced too much.

Similarly, if they want to discuss something that might be a trigger for some people, then posting PENGUIN would be a warning that what follows in the whiteout might be a trigger.

- So, if you think something might be a PENGUIN, please post something like the green bit which follows.

"Possible penguin about.........(Type of Trigger)" The trigger might be:- child abuse, marital abuse/violence, paranoia, stalkers, death, etc. (It's important to indicate the type of trigger, so that people can avoid reading it if they need to).

Then, when you post, repost the word PENGUIN above the discussion. Then post the penguiny bit in white! And the phrase END OF PENGUIN when you have finished.

It will look like this. You will be able to see the white text if you highlight it or if you quote it, (so please don't 'quote' a post containing a penguin onto the thread!)
    (Harmless example follows here):-
    PENGUIN

This is a penguin. A nasty, crotch biting penguin (CBP).
    It isn't really! So you can look
    . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozGTv0hxhpc[/url]

END OF PENGUIN

(NB on a tenth-page repost of the etiquette, you can see these penguiny words because they are white against the green 'quote' background. On a normal post, they will be white against white, and so won't be seen on the thread.)

IMPORTANT: It has been ascertained that some posters to this thread have found that there are certain subjects which act as triggers, precipitating a worsening of their condition.
    To protect these posters, you are respectfully requested NOT to discuss these subjects on this thread:-

Religion. (Please note: it is recognised that everyone is entitled to their beliefs, and we respect those beliefs. It is only because of the fact that religion does act as a trigger for some posters, that we exclude it from discussion.)
    N.B. Please don't even mention the name of the religion.

The afterlife. The reason for this is explained in this thread by one poster, and there will be others for whom this is a trigger.

We ask and thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

.........:starmod:.....................................................................:starmod:................

!!!So, to reiterate..............******It should be pointed out that if anyone is feeling very distressed or close to a crisis, they do not have to worry about what they are posting, or whether it is a penguin for someone else or not. In a crisis situation, just post! We wouldn't want anyone to feel that they couldn't ask for help in case it's a penguin! The penguin thing only applies to a general discussion situation.******

- More suggestions please.............We stress that we are suggesting that we AGREE some Thread Etiquette to HELP people who might feel anxious about posting, we are not trying to IMPOSE rules, just relating this to facilitating groups, so that people feel safe and able to participate as fully as they can.

...............Thread Motto...............
    Nos Omnes Ad Audiendum Parumper
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• onomatopoeia99
    Options
    calleyw wrote: »
    oh did something a bit different at the weekend. Paid to get locked in a room for an hour. Have to solve clues to find keys to get get out the room. Did not manage it but enjoyed myself. might have to go again to see if I can finish :rotfl:
    That sounds intriguing and I had to go googling, but it seems quite a popular thing. I'd never heard of it before.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    In the latest chapter of 'Codemonkey whines about her new job'...

I asked them to make a small concession to my disability. Turns out they can't and I'd they'd told me that before I wouldn't have taken the job. Now I gave to decide how much time to give them to fix it before I have to leave because I'm in pain a lot.

Curses. I was just coming around to staying there for a bit.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • Pyxis
    Options
    That sounds intriguing and I had to go googling, but it seems quite a popular thing. I'd never heard of it before.
    I like the sound if that.

It's a bit like Crystal Maze.

Are you on your own in the room, Calley? What were the clues like?

codemonkey wrote: »
    In the latest chapter of 'Codemonkey whines about her new job'...

I asked them to make a small concession to my disability. Turns out they can't and I'd they'd told me that before I wouldn't have taken the job. Now I gave to decide how much time to give them to fix it before I have to leave because I'm in pain a lot.

Curses. I was just coming around to staying there for a bit.

Did they agree to or discuss the concession when you were interviewed or subsequently?
    If it's something small like a different chair or a sloping desk, it seems trivial of them to refuse.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• Pyxis
    Options
    badgerphoto.jpg

Sweeeeeeeeeee!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    That's annoying code. Is it something they may come round to later on? Not that that's ok of course! Just that they may feel they have to be 'firm' to start with, to sort of test the waters with new people.

That dinky badger is beautiful! :)

Love the idea of the puzzle rooms, will have to see if there's anything near me.

Very odd, very vivid dreams again last night so am tired before I even begin today.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 6 October 2016 at 9:02AM
    Options
    Lovely to see you, Calley!

I really hope they sort something out, code.

Awwww, badger!

I am sad today. This is going to sound really silly-on Twitter some people with pets pretend to be them and make posts as their pets talking about their day, just for fun. About a year ago I got talking to giant bullfrog who's mate developed kidney failure. I wrote a few times to ask after him and eventually the owner dropped the pretense and began talking to me properly. She has spent as absolute fortune keeping this frog alive and comfortable but he died over night. If that isn't sad enough they mate for life and their partners often die too because they stop eating when alone. So now the poor woman is worried about his mate. Sleep well little Jack, I never met you but I loved you and be strong Jill, to go on without him.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    That doesn't sound silly at all WaS. I think it's lovely that people care about their pets this much, and lovely that there are so many different ways we can interact now. I bet the owner is really glad they know they have your love and support today x.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Welcome back Calley.

I'm very glad you added
    calleyw wrote: »
    And just in case anyone wonders you do have a unlocked fire exit for H & S reasons
    because the thought of having to try to solve puzzles when you're locked in a room was freaking me out slightly!! Knowing that I could get out if I wanted to would be fine though and sounds really interesting.

Code - I thought that employers had a legal obligation to make reasonable concessions for disability? Hopefully they'll manage to get something sorted out because surely they realise that you can't be expected to suffer unnecessary pain because they won't help.

I love the teeny badger, so cute!!

Tea, I sympathise with the weird dreams. I keep waking up exhausted and confused thanks to odd dreams. I'll take odd over the horribly realistic ones which leave me discombobulated all day though.

WaS, sorry about your frog friend. Hopefully Jill will be okay.

MU - Happy birthday (for whenever it may be)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback