Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Morning all, glad it's the weekend tomorrow :o , I'm so tired this week I have been going to bed really early, and actually sleeping moderately well but am still yawning my head off all the time.

Hope your employer can pull their finger out and sort something out for you code, it's a very poor effort from them at the moment.

Am currently wrestling with a "there is no way that this can possibly happen!" problem being experienced by a customer and it's got me and my colleague completely confuzzled. :rotfl:

Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    Today is Trigeminal Neuralgia awareness day. So erm, be aware.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    Hello all! I have been reading, with no time to post. Sooo sorry to hear about the frog, but I do agree about it helping to teach kids about death, as well as teaching them nice things about frogs xxxx

Ha ha! When I heard about the locked room I thought of the Big Bang Theory! This thread is the only place I know where someone else would have heard of that!

Loved the 'bonjour mariner' joke - hopefully that won't be a spoiler for anyone, especially after such a long time :D

Yes, tea, I was going to suggest a hat as well (or a balaclava, with a sign on your desk explaining it). Today might be a good day to start if it's TN awareness day!

Squishes to all xxxxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I overslept. Luckily today was a working from home today so I can work late to catch up. That's what happens when you go out on a school night. Or more accurately several school nights.
    Flipping freezing though - may have to give up and put the heating on, if only to stop Gitdog complaining.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Oh dear. Is it 7DW that would like this?

http://www.popsugar.com/food/Hello-Kitty-Wine-Review-42512831

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh dear. Is it 7DW that would like this?

http://www.popsugar.com/food/Hello-Kitty-Wine-Review-42512831

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Well she might, but it's MessedUp's who's the Hello Kitty afficionado!

Haven't seen here on here for ages, and it's her birthday this month but I don't know the actual date. :(
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    WaSp is very interested in hearing about the "there is no way that this can possibly happen!" problem, ono! Good luck with it!

We are getting ready to go to my teacher friends on Tuesday, we come back on Wednesday. It will be lovely to see him but I am already panicking about the journey. I will be fine once I am in his house, it's the being outdoors part that's the problem.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We are getting ready to go to my teacher friends on Tuesday, we come back on Wednesday.

That's very organised, when I'm going away I normally end up running around like an idiot about an hour before we're due to leave and then panicking all the way there that I've forgotten something :D

I hope the journey won't be too bad. How long will you have to be in the car for?
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    It's a 4 hour journey each way and that's not accounting for traffic. I am not too bad on motorways because there are no people walking around, in ordinary streets it's blanket over the head time! I have also had to buy travel sickness pills because I am 5 years old and still get sick after 20 minutes in a car.

Also, here is a very non-political point about a political figure. I have no problem with Vladimir Putin, he is trying to protect his country like everyone else. Did he however have to 'insult' americans by referring them as schizophrenics? Why do people use that word as an insult? It's like a knife in the heart every time. As silly as this sounds I considered emailing the russian embassy (the president himself?) and pointing out that most schizophrenics are lovely people so please be nice to us. Yes, it does get to me this much when people use the term in a derogatory way, it's hurtful.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Completely agree WaS. I really wince when I hear people use terms like this in a derogatory way. The most common ones I hear are 'gay' and 'girl' - both of which are perfectly normal, lovely things to be!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback