Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Oh, I agree tea. I hate that too. So many people use schizophrenia as a derogatory term, as well as psychotic. For most people they don't fully understand the meanings, have never met anyone with the conditions or just don't think but when someone high in the public eye does it, it just confirms that it is fine to use the terms in that way and makes it so much worse. There is a way to email him, believe it or not I am seriously considering it. That's how much it gets to me.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think it's bad enough when 'ordinary' people use terms like that in a derogatory fashion but it's downright irresponsible when it's someone in a position of power.

WaS, I'm sure you've tried this before but do very dark glasses help when you're in the car in built up areas? I often find it a lot easier to face the world if I can hide behind a large pair of sunglasses.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Crikey! Where is everyone?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Having a washing machine saga. And an MOT saga. And a broadband saga. And in between times trying to practice with a less than enthused Gitdog for his second attempt at gold next week.
    Did someone mention part time working?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    I've been in the garden and taking masses of hedge cuttings up the tip. All gone now, until I cut down some more :rotfl:. Where I want to put a shed currently has a big pile or earth that I had to dig out from another piece of the garden a few years ago, so I've got to move it all again. Wheelbarrowed about a third of it around and "lost" it in various places but my muscles have said "enough of that nonsense for today" now so I'm going have to a shower, cook something and have a glass of red wine, then flop in front of "Beck" on BBC4 later..
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    elsien - do you want to go into more details about your washing machine? Mr JM (who isn't very well ATM so I don't guarantee anything) is very good at coming up with solutions at a distance (and completely brilliant with machines that are actually in front of him, even tho he is not very strong any more) xxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • elsien
    edited 8 October 2016 at 6:49PM
    Options
    Thanks for the offer - sorted now. More a plumbing saga - as in when I tried to unplumb the old machine I wasn't strong enough to shift one pipe (which frustrates the life out of me) and the hot water fill tap was broken leading to a minor flood.
    Had to cancel delivery of the new machine while I found someone less cack handed than me to sort it out. Handy neighbour wasn't in, which was very unhelpful of him. I'll have a go at DIY but not water and electrics because it's almost guaranteed to go horribly wrong.

Note to self - check pipe work at more regular intervals than 15 years in future.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

• onomatopoeia99
    Options
    I don't like plumbing for all the reasons you outline, though I do have a lot of big spanners and a variety of other implements for undoing very stuck things, so am usually successful at getting stuff apart despite being completely not built like Geoff Capes (if you're young you may not know who that is). Putting it back together again is another matter though!

Quite happy with electrics though, electricity doesn't leak out and ruin the carpet :rotfl:
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Quite happy with electrics though, electricity doesn't leak out and ruin the carpet :rotfl:

No, but it can make very pretty fireworks! :D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• elsien
    Options
    warpti.jpg

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback