Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Arrrrgrghhhhhhhh

PIP medical is tomorrow, well its supposed to be. AT^POS rnag me at half 5 when i was at work and left a message to callback urgently as it about the medical tomorrow and by the time i finsihed work the call center is shut. So gonna have to call at 8am to try and find out whats happening. This has really annoyed me. I've spent weeks stressing out over this medical and had finally come to terms with it and felt ready for tomorrow and now this happens and its probably cancelled and i'm going to have to endure even longer waiting for it. Do they not understand that things like this can be stressful for those with MH problems? Its lucky i'm not feeling any worse than i am cos this could seriously have pushed me further towards breaking point. :mad:

Apologies for moaning so much recently. Doctors gotback to me and want to see me asap, but my gp if on holiday till tuesday and i didnt want to start a fresh with another doctor ive never met so holding on till tuesday (i promise if it gets any worse i shall get myself seen sooner but knowing im being seen next week is making it a bit easier to deal with)

I shall commence thread catch up now..

*hugs and squishes for all*
  • System
    Options
    Whitwing that was a deeply honest and brave account of what she went through and how its affected her. I have tears in my eyes from reading it. :(
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes, I read that yesterday as it was mentioned on another thread.

Such bravery.

And what a !!!!head that guy was, to put it exceedingly mildly. Not his first offence either! And to say, "oh but he's a jolly good swimmer on a swimming scholarship! This could wreck his chances!"

Words totally fail me.:mad::mad::mad:

She's a wonderful person. I bet that letter has helped loads of other women, and possibly some men, too! :A
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Messed up I hope you get through tomorrow and get things sorted. It's ridiculous to try and contact you so late in the day!

I read the article yesterday and thought she showed enormous courage. The assailant is however an awful person sadly supported by his father.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope the appointment remains for tomorrow, MessedUp, so that you can get it over with, and best of luck, if so!

We'll be rooting for you!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• System
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Hope the appointment remains for tomorrow, MessedUp, so that you can get it over with, and best of luck, if so!

We'll be rooting for you!
    Thank you Pyxis and Torry

I hope it still goes ahead but am prepared now for it not doing so.

I should get an early night but i'm not tired and too stressed to sleep :o
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 8 June 2016 at 10:59AM
    Options
    Penguin for JM and everyone else, talks about childhood emotional abuse and a little about suicide (not me!).

This is all your fault, JM! I mean that in the nicest possible way with a huge thank you at the end. I was telling my american friend about your post to me about buckets because it really made sense to me so my friend drew it for me, one tiny little bucket of bad stuff, and next to it a huge bucket (GSD) with lots of good things in about myself. I looked at the bucket drawing and suddenly realised that I wanted to keep my back turned to the GSB, and I realised I want to hate myself, it feels safe and like I deserve it. If I have a choice to look in the GSB I don't want to.

My american friend is a very good therapist and psychologist so she asked me if I wanted to examine that further? After an hour of her asking me questions I eventually realised that I am afraid to think of myself as good because I might let people down and when I do that they die. The last time I liked myself was before my dad's suicide then as I have said before after that my remaining family told me that I had killed him and was also trying to murder my mother. Eventually, when my mother also took her life I was blamed for that too and my uncle later told me I was responsible for the death of his mother. They all told me that I was so cruel and evil that I pushed each family member to their deaths and that I intended to do so.

I am still a lot more scarred than I thought, it was a revelation to me, a huge lightbulb came on. I don't want to like myself, if I do I might get careless and then I cause people to die. Obviously, logically I don't believe this, emotionally all of the fear is still there just as it has always been. I have no idea quite what to do with this information but at least I realise it is there now. I still feel that I am to blame for my parents deaths, I was told I was for 8 years and it seems the conditioning is still there. I don't think I deserve to like myself and I am afraid to do so, I can't kill anyone else.

I feel very anxious today and very triggered but it isn't a bad thing, I needed to face how much it was all still affecting me. Perhaps it will always do so to a degree. Half of the way to solving a problem is facing that it exists so that's a start but I am not sure where to go from here. Even though in reality I did nothing wrong I still take the blame and can't forgive myself. I don't know what the answer is.

So thank you for the bucket post, JM! It revealed a lot and it has helped me understand more about myself.

End penguin
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great post, WaS.

You can practise liking me, if you want. I promise there is nothing that you do or don't do that will cause my demise.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Aww, whitewing I already like you lots and lots!

I do wish I felt a bit more stable today, I feel like I used to after a particularly hard therapy sessions which makes sense because the self-realisation was the same. I am swinging between anxiety, sadness and derealisation where my brain just says nope! I am shutting off from this. As I keep saying it is a good thing really though, you can't work on something until you know it's there.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback