🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• seven-day-weekend
    Options
    They hate Jeyes Fluid. You have to put up with the smell though:)
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    ((((melly))))))
    ((((((tea)))))

I'm so annoyed. Tired so thought I watch something on DVD only to find that as usual my husband has been fickering around and wouldn't work. Have now had to go through to watch in the bedroom. Why do men do that when things are working fine?
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Flybaby
    Flybaby Posts: 570 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ginger.........carry on with the sonic sensors and chillipowder - it works in the end. try repositioning the sonic sensors every week - they sometimes find a little spot where it doesn;t reach.

moo squish
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fly
    Meant to remind you that your worth squillions of those silly women. Also women do that when they feel threatened probably by your intelligence

Feeling old
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    *sniff* Ok I am back with tissues.

Hope you are enjoying having your eldest home, Sue! I am fascinated, I have always wanted to make sausages. Is it difficult? Are the machines expensive? Where on earth do you get the skins from?

Not difficult really, you just need to put the machine together correctly the first time :rotfl:(We erm, didn't and it was quite hard going initially)

There is a knack to it but it's not too hard to master and if you get it wrong, you can just cut the line of sausages you have made and sort it easily enough (or just start again).

Dad got his machine from Amazon, he got a meat grinder/mincer which has a sausage making attachment on it, think it was around £20 so not expensive.

As for the skins, Amazon is again your friend.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,973 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Is it the school holidays? Someone stole all the traffic this morning.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes, the school run traffic is actually worse than the (work) rush hour traffic these days.

I don't understand why so many primary school children are driven to school. The vast majority must live within walking distance, surely?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 33,057 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My days off - cold, miserable, no incentive to go out and do anything.
    First day back, sun is shining beautifully.
    Pah.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,973 Forumite
    Options
    I suspect it's a combination of school traffic and parents having time off work that makes the rush hour (two hours in Bristol, as it's well under way at 7am when I leave home) so much better during the holidays.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh what a shame! :(

(And you were given such wonderful suggestions, too!) :D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport