Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know but it's nest building time for the birds. Maybe they'd appreciate some of the hair to line their nests?
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Yes! As code said Pyxis leave it out for the birds. They love pet hair for their nests.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well, I did used to do that when I brushed my dogs, but the birds never took it!

I assumed it was because it smelled of a predator!

Anyway, I've got a large bagful of it, the size of a pillowcase full!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    What about using it as stuffing for a cushion with a cute doggie cover?
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Pyxis
    edited 18 March 2016 at 6:51PM
    Options
    Thanks WaS and Melly.

The thing is, I don't want to just use it for something, I want to turn it into something I can wear, which would also be a memento. I wouldn't want to stuff a cushion because then you wouldn't see it.

The site Melly found is in the States. :(

The only UK website I found only does toys and knitted cushions, and I would really like something I could wear.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• Pyxis
    Options
    Hahahahaha!mthere's no way I'd try to spin it myself!

I'm the kiss of death to anything textile!

When I tried to darn a sock once, the darn looked worse than the hole! Hahahahahaha!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    hi guys, yesterday was a bad day, but today was better.. I was worried sick about my care package, I called the SW and she seems to have changed tack.. she left with the care manager and she told the SW how much I need to keep my complete package, so SW will take it to the funding panel and try her best to get me to keep my 45 min calls from being cut to 15mins. She alse said she thinks there's a way around the cleaning call being cut. As I need some extra time to get my hair washed, she 's going to apply for a 1 hour "personal care" call, and on the QT, my carer will be able to do 45 mins cleanplus wash my hair.. The final decision will like with the Decision Makers, but compared to what she was like yesterday, she is on my side!.. so yay for that!

I also had the housing/mental health worker come to my flat today.. she was so lovely, I had a real rapport with her! She thought I looked 35, not 45, and that made my day! She read through the forms I filled out to try and get to band A and she thought the letter was really good, and that5 I do have a chance , although she did say it is really hard.
    She is going to help me battle my agoraphobia, so we're going to meet for a coffee in a couple of weeks. She said that I obviously need to move because of the repairs/stairs/shower, but she loved my flat, she said it was really homely , she loved all my stuff, and said I will make my next home just as homely :) .. And she loved my cats and said they seem so happy and well balanced :)

So it was a much better day, and for the 1st time in so long, I managed to have an hours afternoon kip. Insomnia is such a problem for me , I find it so hard to switch off from fight mode/ adrenaline /PTSD brain/. But I've just started watching Sons of Anarchy, so i'm going to binge watch that tonight x
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Faerie it sounds very positive. Pleased you managed to get a s sleep origins afternoon, things never seerm quite so bad if you cmvanage to sleep

Cats make a home more welcoming..
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    IDS has just resigned as he feels the proposed disability cuts are a step too far . I thought it might be welcome news .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We need them to stand up for us, it's good, hey, pollyanna :)
    waves.. it so directly affects mental health, sleep /insomnia
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback