Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    STOP PRESS!

You have all just GOT to stop whatever you are doing and watch this! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I'm laughing so much, tears are rolling down my cheeks!

https://www.facebook.com/304985806365884/videos/371636683034129/?fref=nf
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Aww, that is one happy dog!!
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Wow! That is a lot of posts and views! I may have stage fright now :eek: ...joking! :rotfl:

How lovely to think we have so many people who have benefited from everything all of us have put into the thread and that we have so many hummingbirds here with us! That really made my day! Well done to all of us for reaching out when we needed support and offering support to others, I really wasn't expecting to meet such a lovely bunch of people when I made the first thread just because I was unwell and lonely. I may go off and have a little cry now.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    *sniff* Ok I am back with tissues.

Fly have a squish (((flysquish))). I am sorry that the evening turned out like that. Long table occasions are mostly always a nightmare I have found. People tend to cling to their neighbours and conversation is always difficult. We used to do these with work and if I wasn't sitting next to a colleague I knew well I would spend the whole meal in silence. Chalk it up to experience, you did nothing wrong.

Hope you are enjoying having your eldest home, Sue! I am fascinated, I have always wanted to make sausages. Is it difficult? Are the machines expensive? Where on earth do you get the skins from?

Loving all of the pics and video! If I had those cakes I could never eat the pug and I would have to take the penguins off the other one and keep them. My dad discovered this when I was little and he bought me some deer-shaped jellies. I adored them until he said eat them, then I burst into inconsolable tears. We ended up finding a shoebox for them and lining it with cotton wool and I placed them carefully in there so that they were comfortable and happy. He gave up buying me animal themed treats and smuggled them out months later.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Flybaby
    Flybaby Posts: 570 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pyx - yep, tried to introduce myself and was ignored. really the worst type of women you can imagine.
    have made up for it by spending the day in the loft with hubby, sorting tut and finishing the boarding. we are both knackered and aching to high heaven, but have had a good giggle doing something together and productive.

love the horse picture............hate horses but it was blinkin funny!
    squishes to all.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you phoned your dentist out of hours service - they might be able to direct you to an urgent care service if they don't do the out of hours thing.
    Or phone 111. Don't wait till Monday if it's hurting that much.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    (((melly))) hope the cuddles help.

My slightly sore neck from the other day has turned into 'can't move head without wimpering'...just what I need in middle of decorating. Am also having a lovely cat cuddle and waiting for painkillers to kick in.
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    Hi all. Still lurking :) Posted to subscribe to thread . Hope you are all OK, please forgive me if not, I have not read the thread yet.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 March 2016 at 1:59PM
    Options
    This has all the hallmarks of a Victor Meldrew episode...

I have a small yard (3 yards by 7 yards) and at some stage, I want to be able to put out a bird feeder.

However, there are cats. Lots of them and big ones. Not only are there feral kitties (two tribes; black and white and big ginger tabs), but there is a local 'crazy cat lady' who keeps a back bedroom window permanently open let the cats in and out and who doesn't seem to believe in litter trays.

I don't want to serve up the little dickies as cat food so I want to ensure the cats aren't coming in before putting up an expensive squirrel/rat proof freestanding feeder, with food, water and nesting material.

Someone told me that they don't like rough bark, so I laid bark down.

Nope, it was the bestest litter tray ever. :eek: That was a disgusting time.

So I spent more money putting Prikka Strips on the concrete walls.

Nope, I used the wrong glue and the cats started lifting the strips off the concrete to come in. :doh:

I eventually found the right glue which was a saga in itself....

Then I bought motion and IR sensor animal repellers.

And it seemed to work.

Until recently.

Twice in three days, I had a look to find a cat had found a brilliant spot for itself.

So yesterday, I went to Tesco and bought crushed red chilli and some Indian mixed spice.

It affected me as I scattered it around the three flower beds. Sneezing, watering eyes, scratchy throat, the works.

I popped out there today (I could still smell the spice) and no 'present' from kitty.

So, I have a teeny, tiny garden that smells like curry which will fade over time, it looks like a prison exercise yard from the outside and I have electronic motion sensor repellers and 'kitty' may yet still come in again.

There's no water supply to set up a cat scarer type repellent and I can't just sit in the yard for hours at a time with a water pistol.

I'm bugged by this. I thought I had found the formula, but now I have to try something else again.

I'm irked beyond what is normal. :mad:

I needed to vent.

Thanks.
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gingernutty..... You seemed to have done all you can.

However, if most cats are kept out, it shouldn't stop you having a feeder, provided the feeder isn't accessible to the cats.

I had feeders in my garden for years, despite cats toying and froing through it, and the birds were ok.

Cats usually only manage to catch birds who are old, infirm or very young and fallen out of a nest, not birds feeding at feeders so much.

I've been trying to deter my nighbour's cat from soiling on my gravel path for years.... Have tried everything, and nothing really works.

They don't seem to like fennel, though. If I scatter bits from my fennel plant, it seems to stop it for a few days. It always starts up again, though.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure