Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• jobbingmusician
    Options
    Grrrrr Grrrr Grrrr. I shouldn't have read that just before bedtime. I am soooo angry for you, MU. And so sorry you had to go through that - except you shouldn't have had to. No-one should, and the only recommendation I can make is that if you ever see her again, God forbid, you have a recording app installed on your phone and 'accidentally' turn it on. So you have some solid evidence to report her.

The only glimmer I can see is that at least she had the grace to ring you and say she was wrong about the meds. But how dare she 'go off on one'. Grrrrr.....

Hugs!
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow MU that person sounds like an idiot! Did they even have your case history? Someone should complain but I can understand if you don’t feel up to it. I’m glad you have all of us to come and tell it to, incredible!
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    So..... I'm not sure whether it helped anyone being so angry last night. Just sooo much sympathy for MU!

Anyway, here's a Nice Thing which cheered me up a bit this morning. I disagree about irregardless, but otherwise agree!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/08/there-is-so-much-that-is-quite-dreadful-so-here-are-some-things-that-are-nice?fbclid=IwAR3eJ9fyuhJTTrf_VvbV5SE2KigQEiy_C_Dl5hQ-Hs2gaMuCRI6x8zIkTbk
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    So..... I'm not sure whether it helped anyone being so angry last night. Just sooo much sympathy for MU!

Anyway, here's a Nice Thing which cheered me up a bit this morning. I disagree about irregardless, but otherwise agree!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/08/there-is-so-much-that-is-quite-dreadful-so-here-are-some-things-that-are-nice?fbclid=IwAR3eJ9fyuhJTTrf_VvbV5SE2KigQEiy_C_Dl5hQ-Hs2gaMuCRI6x8zIkTbk

Brilliant! I am stealing that for the Things that make me Smile thread!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Small wins are keeping me going. I've had a bit of an epiphany over the last few days and it's helping me come to terms with things.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    Small wins are keeping me going. I've had a bit of an epiphany over the last few days and it's helping me come to terms with things.

That's great Stoke!

As you say, small wins!

Be kind to yourself; factor in some treats!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MU, that assessment sounds awful!! I hope that it hasn't left you too tender and that you're coping okay with it.

Things really aren't good with my mum. Dad ended up calling 111 again yesterday and they told him to get her to hospital and ordered an ambulance for her. They've confirmed that she's had a stroke and she's pretty much unable to use her left arm or leg at the moment. I know that in some ways it's a good thing, at least now that we know what it is they can start treating it, but I'm so angry with myself that I didn't push harder for her to go to A&E when her face first went wonky.

I haven't had a chance yet to ask anyone what the prognosis is and I'm not sure whether I'd rather bury my head in the sand and hold on to the hope that they can fix her or know exactly how bad it is and what we need to start doing/planning.
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Iza I’m glad she is getting the proper treatment she needs. You did all you could to nudge your dad along and he did make the call. It’s very hard to get people to take action if they don’t want to, you did the right thing. The drs will take a while to assess her but she’s in the right place ((hugs))
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Izadora wrote: »
    Things really aren't good with my mum. Dad ended up calling 111 again yesterday and they told him to get her to hospital and ordered an ambulance for her. They've confirmed that she's had a stroke and she's pretty much unable to use her left arm or leg at the moment. I know that in some ways it's a good thing, at least now that we know what it is they can start treating it, but I'm so angry with myself that I didn't push harder for her to go to A&E when her face first went wonky.

I haven't had a chance yet to ask anyone what the prognosis is and I'm not sure whether I'd rather bury my head in the sand and hold on to the hope that they can fix her or know exactly how bad it is and what we need to start doing/planning.
    Izadora,

Very sorry to hear about your mum.

My ex had a stroke so do understand. Feel free to PM if you feel the need.

You take care of yourself. She is the right hands. I often wish I had taken my ex to hospital sooner. Went to out of hours and they said wait for the blood test results. So we did. I still have days when I feel guilty about it 13 years on.

So don't beat yourself up. Your mum is and adult and if any like mine does not take kindly to being told what to do. So would not have let me take her to A & E. I know easy for me to say but what is done is done. Now is the time to be looking forward to what treatment and rehab she can have.

Massive hugs, handshakes or what ever you prefer.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Hope everything is okay Iza.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts