Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    To update I blocked their number on my phone but they got around it by hiding their number so it shows up as a unknown number, looks like I have to block unknown numbers too problem then is I get job interview calls from unknown numbers.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    She got the job :mad:

Heard back from my old manager and she says she'll happily take me on and even speak to the aera manager for me. ive asked for a week to think things through, i made a list of pros and cons for each shop, and called my mum for advice, its looking likely that i am going to transfer. I know i shouldnt make big choices when my mood is up/down but in my heart i know i need to move on. 5 years is a long time and i feel guilty for wanting to leave but i have to do whats best for me in the long run. Apparently i should be able to keep my fixed days and hours, its a shorter commute,its a smaller quiter shop, i'd finish earlier, i get on really well with the manager, i just feel theres nothing left for me here.

So why when i know this is best am i agonising over it? :( I can't carry on where i am, i'm starting to dread going in because i dont know which staff will be on or what state the shop is left in (several of the management literally sit around back and chat and do no work, leaviing it for us to all do in the evening)/

Honestly change is a big fear factor to me and makes my anxiety skyrocket. this is the biggest descion ive had to make in 5 years and i'm scared.

Theres no coming back from this. I either stay and get stressed and get gradually more and more annoyed and disalisioned with it, or i take a chance and hope its the right thing to do.
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Moving is not an admission of defeat, especially with the 'pros' you've listed.

You old manager sounds all right.
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    M U moving may do you good.
    Youknow your boss
    Xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you

I'm doing it. well im gonna speak to my old manager first and if its all right with her, its happening.

I refuse to feel guilty,if they gave a !!!! about their staff i wouldnt be in this situation so they only have themselves to blame.

I'm doing a scary thing, go me for doing the big scary thing :o
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry to be so long replying.

Does chatting on here help at all? Are there any other forums which might help? (Elefriends?) (Not trying to divert you from this forum, of course, just conscious that I'm not going to be around much today, and wasn't yesterday.)

Funny story about Elefriends - I have some friends who set up their own Elefriends. I thought it was for mutual MH support (it was, actually!) It took me a while to realise they had never heard of the 'proper' Elefriends and they are all actually called Ellie or Eleanor........... :D

It does a little bit, thanks.

What is Elefriends...?I'll look it up.Thanks again.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    WaS - I hope WaSp is feeling better soon
    Torry - I'm so sorry, I have no idea what to say.
    MU - as much as change is scary it definitely sounds like a move is your best option.
    Hi to newbies and sorry to anyone whose posts I've missed (between holidays and work being manically busy it's been a bit hit-and-miss as to whether I've had time to read through), hugs and squishes to all.
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you

I'm doing it. well im gonna speak to my old manager first and if its all right with her, its happening.

I refuse to feel guilty,if they gave a !!!! about their staff i wouldnt be in this situation so they only have themselves to blame.

I'm doing a scary thing, go me for doing the big scary thing :o

Good, go you doing scary thing with minimal flapping
  • TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been on for a bit - I was hoping it would all settle down and I would feel better.

hugs and best wishes for eveyone on here - I have read it all and feel for everyone. I wish I was capable of saying something to make it better for everyone but today I have already unintentionally upset my daughter and my sister so words are probably not my forte today.
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Since I woke this morning all I can think of is what I was doing at this time six months ago. How can I have lived, or actually just existed, without my beloved soul mate.

I feel sick and everything hurts.

Also my dad is having an operation on Friday and that's added to my worry
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure