Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Hugs to all, hope you are bearing up, finding something to value every day and enduring the heat.

I am off camping/playing music tomorrow so won't be around much xxxxxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Today I noticed a medical item on the top of the bathroom cabinet. I phoned someone for advice about a medical point for assurance that there was nothing I could have done but the thought won't go away.

Then I was standing to get off my bus and wondered why it had stopped when I realised it was at my stop!

Tomorrow is one year since we got the results of all the tests that it was what they'd thought and had to start chemotherapy.

It just doesn't seem real, he must be coming back. He looks after me but now I'm lost.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Torry, there was nothing you could have done. This anguish will pass, honestly. And the fact that the pain will diminish WON'T mean that you lose your lovely partner all over again. He will always be in your heart. xxxxxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Very drained and depressed at minute, I decided to go away for my birthday that relative I mentioned in the past phoned me knowing its my birthday weekend and mentioned "don't worry Im not asking for money" went on to tell me how a friend of his owes him £100 so the friend was going to send me the £100;

However he went on to say "since I am paying you some money back"(bear in mind he owes me thousands) can you send £50 to my girlfriends family in her home country. I said NO and he started whinging and kept saying "why not" or "but" outright refusing to back down and when I said he owes me a lot of money he went "but you are getting £100" this is a trick he used when I was younger, this isn't even a fictional example/s he owed me £100 he'd pay me back £20 of it then say hes now skint can he borrow £10, I'd say no and he would say "but you just got £20 from me so I know you have money" seperate he would say a week or two later when I asked for another payment "I gave you £20 a week/two weeks ago so I am paying it off" then query why I said he owed £90 and say it was £80 since he paid £20 back.

And my hotel brings squat to a new level, did see bad reviews online but so does everywhere I see, and have lived in grotty bedsits before so expected low quality, lets just say the guest in next room demanded to leave as she found human waste over the curtains and part of wall, theres 1 shower/toilet between 20 rooms and some of the rooms are triple/quadruple/family rooms!

Had very bad throat and minor breathing problems since I got there and dizzy.

So I don't need relatives begging!
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    And to make matters worse now lost my hotel key so a £30 charge if I don't find it!
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Block your relative and write off the money he owes. He'll never pay it.

Next time you go away, when looking for accommodation, look for average customer rating.

Less than 4 stars means you look elsewhere.
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Me again.

A year today was his first chemotherapy, we were so hopeful!

I was okay for a while when out but have barely stopped crying since I got home. I want to be with him not here in my lonely emptiness

It's not helped by thinking about my dad's operation on Friday, he has to come back to mine afterwards as it's a day case but he can't be on his own. Trying to vacuum but it's not working and then dropped it on my foot.

It shouldn't matter but I know my dad will comment on the state of the house.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Me again.

A year today was his first chemotherapy, we were so hopeful!

I was okay for a while when out but have barely stopped crying since I got home. I want to be with him not here in my lonely emptiness

It's not helped by thinking about my dad's operation on Friday, he has to come back to mine afterwards as it's a day case but he can't be on his own. Trying to vacuum but it's not working and then dropped it on my foot.

It shouldn't matter but I know my dad will comment on the state of the house.

It doesn't matter
    If your dad does comment on the state of the house send him this way.
    It may help you to feel a bit better though.

Me again as much as you need xxx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    well work is pants right now.

asked one of the seniors for an honest opinion, if i had a leaving do would anyone turn up. there answer was no, and that honestly a lot of them dont like me. :( which don;t get me wrong, i suspected anyway but it still hurts. So now its in my head that everyone hates me. Sod them. I'm leaving at the end of the month ad they'll never see me again :mad: :(
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 August 2018 at 7:01AM
    Options
    well work is pants right now.

asked one of the seniors for an honest opinion, if i had a leaving do would anyone turn up. there answer was no, and that honestly a lot of them dont like me. :( which don;t get me wrong, i suspected anyway but it still hurts. So now its in my head that everyone hates me. Sod them. I'm leaving at the end of the month ad they'll never see me again :mad: :(

Look at it this way, MU.......... you're leaving to go to a shop where they do really want you, else they wouldn't have offered you a job there.

That response from the senior shows that you made the right decision to move shops.

Just keep your head down, work your notice to the best of your ability and then start again at the other place.

You're a good worker; that's one reason why the slackers don't like you. Also a lot of people can't cope with anyone that's a bit 'different'. It's ignorance, so pity them, in their little, blinkered world.

And well, it's their loss, isn't it? :A

Once you've gone, your hard work will be missed........ they'll have to pull their fingers out, won't they? :D

And don't worry about not having a leaving do......... you're not leaving the firm, after all, just that particular outlet....like going to a different department in the same office, so don't feel you're losing out.

Why not have a 'starting do' when you go to the other shop? :)
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure