Urchhhh's new diary :)

Options

Comments

• Urchhhh
    Urchhhh Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Back from the holiday and back to reality. Owe some money the credit card because of things completely out of our control. One of them being buying a new suitcase in NYC because our wheel melted off?! I didn't even realise that was possible! So a nice expensive issue. So theres altogether £383.29 on the card, I can afford this month to pay a little bit off so going to pay £13.29 leaving £370.

We also put our emergency savings back so they are where I like them to be. Since I don't have a job, its likely we'll have to use these at some point. I'm hoping I will get a job before that happens.

£75 off the car insurance debt, £120 into the wedding fund and £110 paid off the honeymoon so £305 off the things in my sig but another £370 to go onto it.

The credit card isn't my priority since I have two years interest free.
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Welcome back. Yikes to wheel on suitcase!!!! Glad your holiday was fab. Am sooooooo envious. I got as far as a ferry ride to Isle of wight.lol. About 15 miles away.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Urchhhh
    Options
    So a little update...

1. Benefits. Until I find a job Ive applied for benefits, housing benefit is giving us £80 a month and hopefully will get jobseekers. Ive applied but not sure if they'll accept since D works over 24 hours. Any extra money helps
    2. Ive gone off sweet things, woo. Didnt eat much junk food on holiday as I dont like american chocolate etc. Since I've come back I've not had much at all, its saving us a lot of money!
    3. The cats ill again. The vet thinks its something major, she keeps getting infections and is gaining weight rapidly. We were another £47 on antibiotics this week. So need to get a urine sample off her and hopefully work out what is wrong
    4. Said cat with her infection has taken to peeing everywhere, which included all of Ms clothes since she was born. I hadnt stored them properly as I couldnt face fixing them out and accepting my baby is actually a toddler now! I need to wash all of the clothes (its a lot, a minimum of 10 loads of washing) and fix them out as theres loads that she never wore at all! Im still very much on american time and Im on an economy 7 plan... which means while Im awake I might as well take advantage of the cheaper electric and I'm washing all the clothes at night :)
    5. Ive been organising things around the house and realising how much things I own. For example, I found 3 bottles of bleach, 2 boxes of forgotten about washing detergent, 4 tubes of toothpaste, 5 air fresheners?! I have absolutely loads of things so now I've made them have homes. Bought a couple of 2 for 99p plastic boxes to keep them together! So plan is to run everything down and then just buy things when i need them
    6. Me and my friend are planning to be a childminding partnership at the same property. Eventually we'd love to open our own private nursery but this is our first step on the ladder. Going to find a job until we get ourselves off the ground but I'm so excited about it!
    7. Ive been using our food up in the house! Before D would go to the shop daily and pick up snacks, juice and something for tea. In the past week we've bought our tea twice which is a huge improvement from everyday! We have loads of food in the house, we cant actually fit anything extra in our two freezers and 3 cupboards full of food. All we've been buying is yoghurts, milk and some fresh fruit :) tomorrow/todays tea will be a slow cooked gammon joint with cajun wedges and green beans:)

I feel like my life is going somewhere now :)

Decided I'm not replacing the broken laptop till I lose weight! D's letting me have his one for the time being. 60 weeks till the wedding and I'm around 90lbs heavier than I want to be by then! So a new laptop is my reward for getting to my goal :) I'm going to cancel my gym membership, at 24.99 a month its just not worth it. When I do rarely go (my anxiety means I just cant do it), all I use is the dumbells and the mats. I dont use any of the big equipment so I've decided I'll buy my own dumbells (£19.99) and I will just work out from home and use videos/workouts from the internet :)

Ive booked the rest of the things for our trip in october...
    - me and D to London
    - me and D to Manchester
    -me and D and M back home
    - my mum return to manchester to drop M off
    - hotel in Manchester airport night before flight

A grand total of.... £221.35!

It took a lot of googling, using MSE tickety split but it saved us loads :)

I think thats all my updates!
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry about your cat. Welcome back I hope the job front or nursery business falls into place soon. Good luck.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Urchhhh wrote: »
    So a little update...

1. Benefits. Until I find a job Ive applied for benefits, housing benefit is giving us £80 a month and hopefully will get jobseekers. Ive applied but not sure if they'll accept since D works over 24 hours. Any extra money helps
    2. Ive gone off sweet things, woo. Didnt eat much junk food on holiday as I dont like american chocolate etc. Since I've come back I've not had much at all, its saving us a lot of money!
    3. The cats ill again. The vet thinks its something major, she keeps getting infections and is gaining weight rapidly. We were another £47 on antibiotics this week. So need to get a urine sample off her and hopefully work out what is wrong
    4. Said cat with her infection has taken to peeing everywhere, which included all of Ms clothes since she was born. I hadnt stored them properly as I couldnt face fixing them out and accepting my baby is actually a toddler now! I need to wash all of the clothes (its a lot, a minimum of 10 loads of washing) and fix them out as theres loads that she never wore at all! Im still very much on american time and Im on an economy 7 plan... which means while Im awake I might as well take advantage of the cheaper electric and I'm washing all the clothes at night :)
    5. Ive been organising things around the house and realising how much things I own. For example, I found 3 bottles of bleach, 2 boxes of forgotten about washing detergent, 4 tubes of toothpaste, 5 air fresheners?! I have absolutely loads of things so now I've made them have homes. Bought a couple of 2 for 99p plastic boxes to keep them together! So plan is to run everything down and then just buy things when i need them
    6. Me and my friend are planning to be a childminding partnership at the same property. Eventually we'd love to open our own private nursery but this is our first step on the ladder. Going to find a job until we get ourselves off the ground but I'm so excited about it!
    7. Ive been using our food up in the house! Before D would go to the shop daily and pick up snacks, juice and something for tea. In the past week we've bought our tea twice which is a huge improvement from everyday! We have loads of food in the house, we cant actually fit anything extra in our two freezers and 3 cupboards full of food. All we've been buying is yoghurts, milk and some fresh fruit :) tomorrow/todays tea will be a slow cooked gammon joint with cajun wedges and green beans:)

I feel like my life is going somewhere now :)

Decided I'm not replacing the broken laptop till I lose weight! D's letting me have his one for the time being. 60 weeks till the wedding and I'm around 90lbs heavier than I want to be by then! So a new laptop is my reward for getting to my goal :) I'm going to cancel my gym membership, at 24.99 a month its just not worth it. When I do rarely go (my anxiety means I just cant do it), all I use is the dumbells and the mats. I dont use any of the big equipment so I've decided I'll buy my own dumbells (£19.99) and I will just work out from home and use videos/workouts from the internet :)

Ive booked the rest of the things for our trip in october...
    - me and D to London
    - me and D to Manchester
    -me and D and M back home
    - my mum return to manchester to drop M off
    - hotel in Manchester airport night before flight

A grand total of.... £221.35!

It took a lot of googling, using MSE tickety split but it saved us loads :)

I think thats all my updates!

Wow you have been a busy bee!

Glad you had a great holiday, not so good that your wheel melted off your suitcase (have also never heard of that happen).

Poor kitty cat, hope things improve soon.

You are making great headway & sound mucho positive, well done you :T

Also love the idea of the treat when you get to goal weight. I also have about 84lbs to lose in total so we can do this together.

Dxxx
  • Urchhhh
    Options
    Jobseekers have decided I'm not allowed to claim, great!

I have two interviews this week so I'm hoping I'll get one of them.

Cats urine sample came back clear so antibiotics have worked, vet is wondering if its stress related as she goes into heat regularly and the vet thinks she's stressing herself out when she doesn't get pregnant (she isn't ever around male cats as I don't want her to get pregnant). So I've booked her in to get spayed, so thats another £80 to find. I've booked it for after D's pay day.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Urchhhh wrote: »
    Jobseekers have decided I'm not allowed to claim, great!

I have two interviews this week so I'm hoping I'll get one of them.

Cats urine sample came back clear so antibiotics have worked, vet is wondering if its stress related as she goes into heat regularly and the vet thinks she's stressing herself out when she doesn't get pregnant (she isn't ever around male cats as I don't want her to get pregnant). So I've booked her in to get spayed, so thats another £80 to find. I've booked it for after D's pay day.

That's really bad about the job seekers hon.

Good luck with your interviews!

Aw poor cat, probably best you get her spayed, might be an expense now but in the long run will be better as cat won't be stressed & you won't have to pay for the anti-b's when she is ill.

Dxxx
  • Urchhhh
    Options
    I got the job :)

Its just a zero hour contract job but its in a vegetable factory and harvest season is about to be in full swing so I expect lots of work at least for the next few months. Rota is 44 hours one week and 40.5 hours the next, it pays the living wage and £9 for any time over 40 hours.

Its plenty to pay the bills :)

Still going to the interview tomorrow as its also a zero hours contract so hopefully if I have two, I'll have enough money if I don't get many shifts :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!

You must be so happy.

Good luck with the next interview.

I just got a 100 referral for switching accounts have you thought of doing something like that for some extra cash??

Dxxx
  • Urchhhh
    Options
    I already switched accounts in Jan for a £100 bonus! and I get a £5 every month on top of that haha
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure