• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well done!!!!!

Dxxx
  • Urchhhh
    Urchhhh Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its a long, long way off but I was thinking about retirement. I don't really understand, how do I know how much to save? I don't know when I'll die so how much money will I need?! Whats even the best way of saving?!

I am not planning on actually saving anything for it until we've bought our house, which is still a goal far in the future!

I would imagine by the time we are retired we won't have any children living with us, mortgage paid off, any house improvements done so surely you don't need that much... but how do I know?!

Current retirement age is 67... I still have 46 years and D has 47 years!
  • Urchhhh
    Options
    I have just got a huge wake up call....

I stepped on the bathroom scales... Its a higher number than I was 9 months pregnant!

My aim is to lose all of my extra weight in time for our wedding which is a year 3 months and 3 weeks away. Loads of time!

I knew I had gained weight but I didn't really realise how much..

My goal is to get back to my weight from a few years ago... which means losing 91lbs.

I'll weigh myself in morning again to check as I know its best to weigh yourself in morning.
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done with credit card payment. I am 45 and my retirement knowledge is rubbish. Alvin Hall has a good book on retirement it is in my bookshelf but I get too scared to read it. lol.

Yay to losing weight. Can you lose some of mine too. I am too greedy. lol.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Urchhhh
    Options
    I have an interview tomorrow at a laundry place! Not a dream job but full time hours at least!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good luck!!!

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good luck. Any job is good. hope you get it.Hugs, swx
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Urchhhh
    Options
    It was going well until he asked if I have any booked holidays. I do, in 4 weeks I go away for 3 weeks. He said he cant hire me because of it, he said when i get back to contact him and if theres a position available at that time its mine. Ugh:(
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That's terrible.

Dxxx
  • Urchhhh
    Options
    Still no news on the job front sadly!

I've taken out a new credit card, I like to have one for safety and also we both want to get our credit rating good for when we eventually get a mortgage so we can hopefully get a good rate. my one was approaching the end of its 10 months 0% interest so I have taken out a new card with 24 months 0% interest. :) I paid £14.99 to check my credit rating and it has went from very poor (first time I checked it last year) to poor (about 4 months ago) and now to fair!

Still plodding along nicely, still have £33.20 quid left till the end of the month and £14 on the electric so this month we should be fine. 22 days left till our holiday, going to try and push that £32.20 as fair as it goes until our holiday! We'll need to put more money on the electric before that but I get paid on Thursday so it will be fine before then.

I just need to get cat litter today which will be £1.55 (or £1.57 I can never remember which) .
    Tomorrow I need to go to Aldi and get cat food and milk etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure