Draughty rockdoor

Options

Comments

• Andrea15
    Andrea15 Posts: 266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Please send me the photographs as i say it amazes me that the door has bowed as much as you say ,What style of door is it and colour

I believe it is an Ultimate, black on the outside and white on the inside.
    I have tried to take a picture, but I don't have a straight edge that is long enough. I will try to get the rep to send me the pics he took.
  • Andrea15
    Options
    Chanes wrote: »
    You can tell if it is an ultimate by the hinges fitted and the adjustment mechanism for them. Depending on how old the door is they sometimes have the sticker with A++ on the inside of the frame (http://www.rockdoor.com/news/a-rated-rockdoors-are-here ) Rock don't have anything higher than the Ultimate.

Ultimate A++ (see my message of 1 Mar)
  • thebaldwindowfitter
    Options
    Andrea15 wrote: »
    I believe it is an Ultimate, black on the outside and white on the inside.
    I have tried to take a picture, but I don't have a straight edge that is long enough. I will try to get the rep to send me the pics he took.
    a picture of the door lock side slightly open so the inner edge of frame so as the bow can be seen against the frame will do can be seen will do like i say i am intreged as to how your installer could not notice the door had a 15mm bow on the hinge side many time the first guy from rockdoor is a sales rep with very little fitting knowledge do you know the name of the rockdoor person who came out to door and said it was bowed
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction
  • thebaldwindowfitter
    Options
    Andrea15 wrote: »
    Ultimate A++ (see my message of 1 Mar)

but you have also said twice since you BELIEVE it to be an ultimate that is why Chanes is explaining how you can tell if it doesnt look like the one in this picture its not an ultimate
    http://www.rockdoor.info/rockdoorultimate.html
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction
  • Andrea15
    Options
    but you have also said twice since you BELIEVE it to be an ultimate that is why Chanes is explaining how you can tell if it doesnt look like the one in this picture its not an ultimate
    http://www.rockdoor.info/rockdoorultimate.html
    It is a Rockdoor, I just wasn't sure of the model. I have the paperwork stating it is an Ultimate.
    a picture of the door lock side slightly open so the inner edge of frame so as the bow can be seen against the frame will do can be seen will do like i say i am intreged as to how your installer could not notice the door had a 15mm bow on the hinge side many time the first guy from rockdoor is a sales rep with very little fitting knowledge do you know the name of the rockdoor person who came out to door and said it was bowed
    I have taken this picture. It is not great (that was me and my youngest daughter). I used a length of beading I had in the house. I have tried from both sides and the results are pretty much similar.

2016-12-10%2012.06.39.jpg?dl=0OK, I cannot/don't know how to post images.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4jdwrr8razcpzh/2016-12-10%2012.06.39.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bcd9v6jdik0din/2016-12-10%2012.07.48.jpg?dl=0
    2016-12-10%2012.07.48.jpg?dl=0
  • thebaldwindowfitter
    Options
    that is a fair size bow .did you look on rockdoors site if those are the same hinges as yours if not the door is not an ultimate sespite what your paperwork says and you could have been charged for something you havent had they do three ranges select elite and ultimate
  • thebaldwindowfitter
    Options
    Did this get resolved to your satisfaction
  • Andrea15
    Options
    Not quite...
    After a lot of palavering, we got our new door installed just last week (!!) and it is fine, in so far as now we can open it and close it without any hassle.
    However there is still a drought coming from the where the handle is. Installer No. 2 (GAP's) says it is because the threshold (the brass bar under the door) has not been sealed, so the cold air comes from there and leaks up the way and Installer No. 1 has to come and fix that. I am still waiting to hear from him...

One thing though, this time we remembered to get a thumb turn lock. Oh boy, what difference that makes... Not having to lock the door with the key and remember to take it out if someone is still to come in is HUGE ;)
  • thebaldwindowfitter
    Options
    I recall mentioning that the cill wasnt sealed in previous comments who was it from rockdoor Paul or Mark
  • Andrea15
    Options
    who was it from rockdoor Paul or Mark
    No idea. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business