Bristol Energy Reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Will this affect my credit history?
    Unless they've been to court (which they won't have done if the amount is £34), you won't have a CCJ.

Bristol Energy may have reported the negative balance to credit reference agencies. You can check your report from all three agencies for free (details in guides on this site).
  • megafern
    megafern Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I switched to Bristol from Jan 2019 from the debacle that is OutfoxTheMarket. The switch went OK (Almost) without a hitch .......but !!!!
    1. Despite their claim, Bristol never sent me a welcome pack resulting in Outfox grabbing an extra Direct Debit which doubled my credit.
    2. It took Bristol 2 weeks to answer an e-mail.
    3. They offer to check if they can give you a better in house deal. The check showed a deal I was ineligible for.
    4. Since the day I joined they say their useage graphs were misleading so they were revamping them. Really ? We are still waiting.
    Not sure about them !:question:
  • PaceThePixie
    Options
    I moved in to a property last November / December where the previous tenant had used Bristol Energy. Having never heard of them I moved my Affect tariff swiftly and painlessly.

About two months ago I finally received a final payment from Bristol. It was £56 for two weeks supply. That is a lot by usual consumption standards, but nevertheless I would pay.

I rang them up. A nice easy conversation to set up a three month standing order to get it cleared off, and find that they are now paying me every month. Haha.

What a bunch of morons. Glad I don't use them.
    Money scares me.:eek:

Honesty update will arrive shortly......:o
  • Surfer
    Surfer Posts: 361 Forumite
    Options
    We switched to Bristol energy about 2 years ago and customer service was very good. However now it takes up to 10 days or longer for them to respond to emails. Annoying they have decided to go for quarterly billing so we have been hit with a lump sum of nearly £300 in debit for the past three months. Previously we were about £30 in debit end of December If it was still monthly we could have paid off any extra. For some reason it seems that our bills have increased significantly.

Using a reading from them not estimated and then doing a reading 3 days later, it showed that we were using over 78 units a day in May 2019! I then did other checks on true readings and found that between 18th Jan & 5th Feb we were using 50 units a day. Between 5th Feb & 19th May it dropped down to 23 units a day. Something is very wrong somewhere. We only have a small home and there are just the two of us.

Still waiting for a reply from Bristol Energy and it is well over 5 working days.
  • megafern
    megafern Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lackadaisical is the only description I can give them. Despite assurances, after 8 months they still haven't made their customer usage charts available and it takes up to 2 weeks for them to respond to contacts. OK, these have not created major difficulties for me but this way of dealing with customers makes me seriously doubt their ability to respond to problems. Ive jumped ship.
  • k.child90
    k.child90 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I switched using Cheap Energy Club to Bristol Energy in 2017, and had a great experience, so when I moved house last year I switched the new place to them immediately. No problems at all, and if you're in Bristol it's great to call customer service on a local number and they pick up almost instantly. Would recommend.
  • joyce63
    joyce63 Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I switched to Bristol Energy in September last year, from British Gas. I switched via the MSE Energy Club, getting £25 cashback. The switch was very smooth, although I felt the initial monthly payment was too low. I had to chase a response to an email requesting an increase to my payment, but it was resolved quickly after that

My tariff is coming to an end so I checked tariffs on MSE Energy Club today. Some were slightly lower than Bristol Energy, but I have decided to stay with BE as there is no exit fee and I will be saving money on the new tariff. They also now have an app which shows monthly usage, which is also great.

I don't want to tempt fate, but I would recommend them as it's been so far so good for me.
  • Maureen_Green
    Options
    Made a mistake when I changed over to Bristol Energy. First they made my Direct Debit £30 more than I had been paying my previous supplier, making my DD £85-54. I had told them my use but they replied that they were right. I then discovered that although they asked for monthly payment they only produce a bill every quarter which means one thing and that you don't know how much you might be in arrears or even in credit. They stopped using the graph saying that customers were finding it a problem !!!!! I complained about the bills and was told that they could make me up one, but it wasn't the solution and I wanted my bills every month on line to that | knew how I stood. there was nothing on the information telling you this.
    They did eventually drop my DD by £30, but now I don't know how much I am in credit but due to there only being me I am not a heavy user of Gas or Electric and must have at least £250 in the pot making them interest. I haven't changed yet, as they are one of the companies that you don't need meters and I refuse to have them When I asked them something it takes 5 days to reply, and there are so many people replying that I have a list of all their names coming up to 15 now and then they all tell you something different, I dis-pare now.
  • elucidate
    elucidate Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 27 January 2020 at 4:50PM
    Options
    Hi all,

I've just cancelled my switch to So Energy's "So Acorn" tariff because Bristol's "BE Simply Green" tariff is more competitive, although almost exactly the same as So's new "So Alder" tariff I'd prefer Bristol as there is a zero exit fee with the latter. Would be great to hear your thoughts on this.

Also, should I wish to press ahead with my plan to switch to Bristol, how can I go about getting an existing customer's account number to use for a £20 referral bonus?
  • Riverman456
    Options
    I have been a customer of Bristol Energy for a number of years switching to and from them on a number of occasion.  I have never had any problems at all and have always been treated like a valued customer If I have had to phone them. They were especially helpful when changing address.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback