Bristol Energy Reviews: Give your feedback

edited 7 September 2017 at 4:57PM in Energy
144 replies 56.3K views

Replies

• I've had Bristol Energy for about two months now - absolutely fantastic. Excellent customer service, good price (not the best, but the better prices are from suppliers I didn't feel as good about overall) on a green tariff. Just fabulous, 5 stars, highly recommended!
  • SystemSystem Forumite, Community Admin
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    AllieKat wrote: »
    I've had Bristol Energy for about two months now - absolutely fantastic. Excellent customer service, good price (not the best, but the better prices are from suppliers I didn't feel as good about overall) on a green tariff. Just fabulous, 5 stars, highly recommended!

According to their latest accounts, this Company has some way to go before it can afford to relax.

As of 31 March 2017, Bristol Energy reported that it had 58.129 residential customers and made a trading loss of £8,363,183 - or put it another way, a loss of £143.87 per residential customer. The 'good news' is that things are improving as the previous year made them a loss of £883 per residential customer. I might be a little concerned if I was a Bristol City taxpayer. According to a BBC report (dated 4 May 17), the 'in profit' date has slipped from 2019 to 2021 due to customer numbers being lower than expected.
  • Hengus wrote: »
    According to their latest accounts, this Company has some way to go before it can afford to relax.

As of 31 March 2017, Bristol Energy reported that it had 58.129 residential customers and made a trading loss of £8,363,183 - or put it another way, a loss of £143.87 per residential customer. The 'good news' is that things are improving as the previous year made them a loss of £883 per residential customer. I might be a little concerned if I was a Bristol City taxpayer. According to a BBC report (dated 4 May 17), the 'in profit' date has slipped from 2019 to 2021 due to customer numbers being lower than expected.

They must have grown quickly this year, they were claiming 110k customers last month.
  • martypmartyp Forumite
    954 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still pleased with Bristol Energy after joining in September, they've now reduced my direct debit in line with my usage and my bill from November to December was just £22 and I thought I was quite excessive with the central heating! I'm getting better experiences with these smaller suppliers than with the big ones.
  • MarkthesharkMarktheshark Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    No key for electric meter STILL, for 3 weeks, tell us it has been posted every day we call up.
    Lying basically, want to swap our meter as they can not talk to our smart meter, but swap it with a standard non smart meter as they dont fit smart meters.
    WE DO NOT HAVE A SMART METER !
    Fed up of telling them this, they have the meter ID numbers.
    Probably why they can not "talk" to it.

Had enough of excuses and lies, there has to be a point at which they run out of road here.

So far it has been 3 weeks of lies, excuses and incompetence.
    Time to switch again before they really start messing things up.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • edited 31 January 2018 at 2:45PM
    hilljd00hilljd00 Forumite
    36 Posts
    edited 31 January 2018 at 2:45PM
    Joined over Christmas but regret it as neither my old supplier or B.E will pay my WHD now and I've been billed £349.39 in total.

Avoid.
  • I have been with Bristol energy for nearly a year now.
    The switch was painless & they kept in touch through procedure.
    Since then I have received a monthly email asking to submit energy readings which I have done via their website, really quick & simple.
    Then received bill a week later.
    Had zero problems with them so far, will see what happens when tariff ends.
  • I moved to bristol energy about 2 years ago the service has been excellent, plus the rate charged for gas and electricity is very competitive. When I switched I had problems with the previous supplier one of the big six who did not arrange the switch on time, Bristol Energy sorted it all out very quickly, the previous supplier used to hold on to my surplus payments for a long time and refuse to reimburse me until it suited them, Bristol Energy did the opposite, when I had a surplus they refunded the excess very promptly. The staff are polite, efficient and knowledgeable, glad I switched.
  • Just switched away from Bristol Energy after 7 months.
    Had no issues and the monthly bills were always correct. They sent an email reminder 5 days before the bill due date to ask for a reading which was used without fail.
    Final bill has been created within 3 days of the transfer away and is correct too. It used the reading I past to Zog on the 4th.
    The only reason I have left is to go to Zog for a 2 year fix at the same prices that I was on a Bristol and
    is the cheapest available tariff for me.
    Would recommend them to anyone wanting a supplier who offer great service without hassle.
  • I switched to Bristol Energy just over a month ago, they sent a "welcome pack" stating I'd be charged £53 a month. I replied pointing out I had never used that much fuel - I average £36 per month. But they went ahead and charged me the £53. Again I point out I do not use that much fuel and sent in meter readings four weeks in a row to support this. Again they decide to use their estimates instead of actual meter readings. They say .... "within industry guidelines we decided your mete readings were too low ..... blah blah", what a load of garbage. My previous supplier supported me and showed my fuel usage, Bristol Energy chose to ignore that also.
    I shall be leaving this company as soon as possible, four phone calls, all answered quickly, curiously by the same person each time. Every time I am told my meter readings have been accepted and will replace the estimates, that has never happened. I log into the website, add my meter readings, well I try to, the pop up message says "your meter readings appear too low please check", I have checked, my neighbour has checked! Bristol Energy just refuse to accept real meter readings. Dreadful company.