PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Does anyone want to join me waiting for new build to be built and complete

Options

Comments

• alice_kate_2
    Options
    So finally things are moving with the mortgage so we should have a solid answer this week!

Got our options meeting this weekend so I'm excited. Hopefully we will be able to get closer the the house at the moment the road is fenced off from the bottom and we're towards the top so can't even get close :(
  • Hou
    Hou Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    -pete- wrote: »
    Short update from us: We had our first meeting with the site manager today, they explained their new quality control procedures (they get someone from head office to check the place over before hand over rather than relying on the site manager and sales team to do it) in theory it sounds great but it means we don't really have a direct line to the site manager and instead will have to go through this 3rd party person, I'm not a fan of Chinese whispers if I can avoid it.

Picture! https://goo.gl/photos/NPwzrLtR8DXTSW9A9

Looking good!

Is it TW you are buying with? We were told about the new people being brought in and the HQI (home quality inspection). The new people are still in training, even though this plan was around 9 months ago when we reserved. I have seen the HQI and it apparently takes the site managers best part of a day to get through it. Ours has lots that needs to be sorted, but it is like they snag the house before you get it. I still think I will have a lot of snagging to do though as a lot of the stuff, although documented, doesnt seem to have been sorted

Only 2 sleeps until we get our keys :eek:
  • -pete-_2
    -pete-_2 Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    @Hou, yep it's TW.

Our guys also seemed a bit confused about the whole thing, they weren't totally up on the procedure and apparently a few of the people who have moved in already haven't had this system.

If it means they get it right first time then I'm all for that, but if it means we can't go in for a couple of weeks due to minor things then that would be a problem.

I'm so envious of you getting keys, I just want ours to be finished so we can move!
  • Hou
    Hou Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Its certainly annoying waiting to be finished, only 9 months for us :( It is going to be worth it though, cannot wait
  • Derboy
    Derboy Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    Got another update from our site manager today.

Exterior render not finished due to pre-cast window sills not arriving (coming on Monday) and then the render will be completed and scaffolding stripped. Plumbers are in fitting rads right now. Finishing joiners due to start on Monday. Kitchen and bathroom vanities being delivered next week. Services delayed till week after next. Apparently all still on track for 20th of May so hopefully no more delays.

Anyone else close to completion?
  • hollypop
    hollypop Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Derboy wrote: »
    Got another update from our site manager today.

Exterior render not finished due to pre-cast window sills not arriving (coming on Monday) and then the render will be completed and scaffolding stripped. Plumbers are in fitting rads right now. Finishing joiners due to start on Monday. Kitchen and bathroom vanities being delivered next week. Services delayed till week after next. Apparently all still on track for 20th of May so hopefully no more delays.

Anyone else close to completion?

How exciting Derboy!

3 weeks today till we get our keys! I am SO excited!!!

Externally everything has been finished for about the last month now; so not much to update on that.

We had our independent carpet guy go in yesterday to measure up for carpets - turns out the plans that Redrow gave us are not that accurate for the measurements; they have left a 2mm gap under the doors so every single door needs taking back off and shaving down to accommodate for when we get the underlay & carpets fitted.
    Hopefully we'll get it all sorted before we get the keys on Friday 13th May! :j
  • Derboy
    Derboy Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    Hope it all goes to plan Hollypop. I feel like I've not been able to think about much else since we reserved in July last year. I may well burst into tears when I finally get the keys in my hands!

Thats a pain with the doors. Not a big job to be honest but it all adds up.

Fingers crossed for us both!
  • Haylescom
    Haylescom Posts: 342 Forumite
    Options
    Completion today @Hou? Hope it went well!
    We'll be having the snagging guys round next week but don't have a very long list. Worried I've missed some things! Our site manager is new to our site (original had a heart attack and took early retirement). We've got the impression the new guy is not happy that we moved in when we did because of the state of the surrounding site. He's said they owe us a few favours so we're trying to think of some more things for them to do! Might ask them to put up our blinds.
  • pennyprincess
    Options
    We are due to complete the same day Derboy...although I feel you probably deserve to get in far sooner than I !

Hope everything went OK today HOU !:j
    pennyprincess - getting more for less:p
  • -pete-_2
    -pete-_2 Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    TW have told us our roof is going to be tiled next week.

Can I ask how long it has taken everyone to get from this point to completion? They said July but that was a few weeks ago before the trusses went up and we were having lots of rain.

More new from us, they reduced the price of the carpets but were going to raise the price of the vinyl to £430 for 2 small bathrooms!!! We said to not bother and we'll get it done ourselves.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure