PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Does anyone want to join me waiting for new build to be built and complete

Options
1111112113114115117»

Comments

• Sliveredge88
    Options
    Reserved in Feb 2019, New 4 bed house back down in Deal Kent

Been told July to September completion date when reserved, been given a new date of 31st July and demo will be booked in soon. Visited at weekend house is completed other than landscaping drive and what ever we cant see inside, but was told back in mid May it was at 60% completion with first fix going on. Utilities was installed last week. so fingers crossed.

Now just just the waiting game.
  • CJohn65
    CJohn65 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    We reserved our new build in April, exchanged contracts in June and are told September for build completion.

Scaffolding is coming down on Monday and we’re then able to view the property - exciting times!

Just want to see if anybody on this thread can remember the time it took between the exterior being completed and internal being done and moving in?

:D
    Senior Sales Negotiator in the Property Industry with 8 years experience in residential sales.
  • Claire1257
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join please!

Reserved a flat in September 2018 with a completion date of December 2018. It got pushed back not long after I signed up to March 2019. I was fine with this as it gave me more time to save!

Then it got pushed back to June......then August.....and now a completion date of 14th October :(.

So now here I am, a year after reserving my plot and with the development running almost a YEAR behind schedule and I am very, very frustrated. I've considered pulling out but can't bare to do it after all this time waiting. Also the flat is all I can afford at the moment and I do love it. The location is perfect and my plot comes with a parking space and a large balcony overlooking the cathedral.

I feel like my life has been on hold for the past year and it's almost sucked all of the excitement out of it. After the latest delay the builders are offering goodwill gesture of £500 which I think is quite pitiful really!

It's been so nice reading all of your success stories, I can't wait to be one of them!
  • Jodz24
    Jodz24 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, we're very close to exchanging on our new build home, due to be ready to move in 1st week of Nov. My solicitor has advised us to take out a DUAL assets all risk policy? Does anyone know anything about this? I think it covers anything that my solicitor is likely to miss (as the house isn't obviously fully built yet). It's going to cost 672.00 as a one-off payment. Not sure if my solicitor is just adding on unnecessary costs or whether this is a real peace-of-mind policy to take out? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure