PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Does anyone want to join me waiting for new build to be built and complete

Options

Comments

• stea7
    stea7 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    It's SO frustrating! :( We are getting increasingly more fed up. They have offered us the opportunity to pull out and get a full refund but unfortunately most new build developments in our area are either coming to a close or in the wrong area for my partner's commute, so there's no where else we want to live. Just gutted as we were looking forward to spending summer in the house - looks like we will be planning where to put the Christmas tree instead!!!

Great news that you've got the keys and there's only minor snagging. I bet it's so exciting to be in - I can't wait.
  • GBR78
    GBR78 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Going to join this one now. Have been weighing up new builds for some time, but due to having a problem selling our previous property we missed out on a few that we liked. Everything happens for a reason though, so after accepting an offer on our house in March we reserved what has turned out to be a bigger and better house that those we saw when first looking.

A quick turnaround on the sale to appease our buyers has seen us moving in with family for a few weeks, but having exchanged on Monday we are being told we should be on target for a mid-July completion (was originally scheduled as a 'June/July' with some hope for end of June but services had delayed that slightly). Keeping our fingers crossed for no substantial delays!
  • dhokes
    dhokes Posts: 313 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Completed over the May bank holiday. Adios.
  • firestorm
    firestorm Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have just skim read the entire thread. Would be very interested to know how any of you are getting on in your new builds. We are hoping to reserve a Crest Nicholson house & had just negotiated a deal when our buyers pulled out, so back to square one. Hopefully we can sell quickly & go ahead. I'd be interested to hear anyones stories on Crest houses also!
  • ameikle
    Options
    Hi,

I have an AIP for a plot scheduled for May-July next year. Persimmon want me to exchange within 35 days of reserving meaning that it’ll be over 6 months before the completion.

Is this normal? Seems odd asking for the deposit before the house has even started builds

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Jennaturner
    Options
    Hi all,

I thought I would jump in on the thread as we are buying a new home off plan with Bellway. We reserved on 12th August 2018 and completion is currently due for Winter 2018/19 (Jan/Feb we've been told). We have received our mortgage offer and are just waiting to exchange contracts - our exchange deadline is today yet our solicitor hasn't been in touch despite me chasing. We have paid our 10% deposit to them last week and they have all the paperwork they need. What could be the hold up for exchanging? I have been keeping Bellway in the loop just incase.
  • firestorm
    Options
    We reserved with Crest on 20th August. Official exchange date was 28 days later, but no way were we going to do that until we were ready to exchange on our own house. The developers always put these ridiculous deadlines in & its really not fair & impossible to manage mostly. Unless they're threatening to remarket the property then I wouldn't be overly concerned. If they can see you're making an effort by having searches & valuations done then they'd be silly to let you go.

Our proposed house is due to complete Dec/Jan & currently at first fix last time I asked. We have had our valuation done & mortgage offer agreed, plus searches. We go to the development every week for an update & to take pics.

Had a bit of a spanner thrown into the works possibly with our own sale so trying not to get too excited. EA called a few days ago to arrange a full structural survey to be done on our house. Its a 1930's build, not new, so they're bound to come up with something. The rug may be about to be pulled out from under our feet yet again. This is the danger if you exchange before your own sale is secure & things go wrong. Not worth the risk!
  • stea7
    Options
    Just an update. We are definitely not going to be in our house at the end of September!! We have been given an updated completion date of November 2018, however I would be surprised if that happens to be completely honest. We are currently waiting for the final brickwork and then the roof (due to be complete mid-October)

Solicitors can't do anything to help in regards to long stop date/compensation and we are coming up to a year since reservation (Nov '17). We are so frustrated and just want to be in now!

Good luck with your builds guys and lets hope that we are all in soon!
  • Adeljay
    Options
    I'm here stressing I mean I'm in a different boar here. The build is complete viewed on Thursday and mortgage offer has been in for a month now. But only problem contracts are not in yet. Completion was suppose to be before Xmas but now moved to end of Jan so still waiting to exchange. Just wish they can get a move on and atleast exchange contracts. Estate agent and solicitor seem confident but I'm just here working :eek:
  • LucasH
    LucasH Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Is this thread still open?
    We're due to move in around April. However they're may be an issue. The windows appear to be off centre from each other �� anyone experienced this?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure