$10+ a day Neobux Challenge 2016

Options

Comments

• GromitFan
    GromitFan Posts: 316 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all :hello:

Thought I'd pop back to this thread and say hello - Been AWOL for a few months. I have though still been clicking away, though perhaps not quite as many as I'd have liked. Past few months have been a bit hectic - Christmas, stuff for school parent council and then my mum hasn't been well, so not exactly how I'd like things, but just got to muddle on.

KM - How are you getting on with your ultimate pot? Hope it's getting closer for you.

BarryNB - Sorry to read about your internet issues slowing down your neobux progress. Hope that's all sorted now and that you do manage Gold in January as you've said that's when you are now hoping for.

Surfchick - Hope you managed to catch one of the discounted RR extension offers.

horseygirl2014 - sounds like you are making steady progress.

indigowarrior - welcome to the world of neobux. And yes, I think unless you invest money it does take a while to earn some real money, but there are some real success stories, so hopefully be worth the time and effort.

Hope anyone else that I've missed and is reading is making good progress. :)

Here's an update on how my neobux is getting on:
    Bought another 10RR today, so that takes me to 160RR
    Obviously those 10RR need extended within 30 days, but after that I only have 13 of my RR needing extended between 61 and 90 days, so think I'm quite happy with that.

Between October and December I decided I'd withdraw some of my neobux rather than re-investing it, more to ease Christmas money, so guess I could have been a bit further on if I hadn't withdrawn $106.58. But at least I now know how easy it is to request payment from neobux.
    I am now back with the mindset of re-investing my neobux earnings.

I think my first aim is to build up to 500RR and then after that I guess I'll be joining others in their quest for ultimate. It really looks like the way to go (if I can get there).

Points-wise, I'm actually not too far off having enough to extend my golden membership for another year - Currently sitting at 26,241 points.
    I got my current golden membership back in August with 30,000 points.

One thing I think I would like to try and master this year is to figure out some better strategy for recycling of RRs. I tend to be a bit haphazard in my approach to it and I'm sure my neobux gains could be improved if I figured out the best way forward there. So, if anyone had any recycling of RR tips...
    Obviously there is a balance between paying the $0.07 to recycle or letting them sit there losing money for the 14 days before they'd get automatically recycled.

Hope everyone is doing good :D
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Hi Gromit.......nice to see you!!

Life has a habit of getting in the way doesnt it? Hope your mum is ok?

I still have the remnants of the chest infection/cold lingering though am back at work now.

Have $213 in the golden pack balance but have stopped putting into it until I reach 750 refs.

Am at 610 at the moment.

I was toying with the idea of going for diamond as its just over half the price of ultimate and gives 14 days vacation which would really help me but........after reading lots of stats threads, I have decided against it and will plod on with saving for ultimate though I think it will be a long slog as it would be ideal to be able to move to 1250 refs soon after becoming ultimate to sustain the account.

I also am struggling with recycling and dont want to spend loads on recycling that could be put to better use though I realise its a necessity.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • GromitFan
    Options
    Hi KM. :hello:

Good to hear that you are still making progress towards ultimate, even if you have now decided to increase your number of RR first.

So, do you now reckon that 750 is the magic number to be at before going for ultimate? Of course, everyone will have their own opinion. I haven't looked into it too much yet as obviously for me it's a long way off, so for now my mind is set on aiming for 500RR.

Recycling is a constant struggle in my mind - On one hand you don't want to recycle too often as obviously all those $0.07 add up, but on the other hand, you don't want them just sitting there not clicking. I know that there is software that you can export your RR to so you can keep an eye on them, but tbh although I did try that at one point last year, I never really got to grips with it and often would forget to export anyway :rotfl:
    If only there were an easy way to deal with the recycling. Oh, that would be ultimate, wouldn't it? lol. Guess that's one reason to aim for ultimate - That pretty much sorts out all those that don't click as I think it automatically recycles after 4 days instead of the standard 14 days (assuming I've got that correct in my mind).

Anyway, will keep plodding on...
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    I have been following Kath 67's stats thread as she is a bit in front of me and also Tanjeria 2015.

https://www.neobux.com/forum/?/4/583330/Kaths-Stats-Golden-700-RR/461/&vl=2D945CCE5123296A64D17EE5159406E8

Some great info and food for thought.

Kath consistently gets averages in the 0.70's so she is doing something right.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • GromitFan
    Options
    Thanks for the link - Will try to have a read when I get a minute (hopefully tomorrow when my daughter goes back to school).
  • BarryNB
    BarryNB Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, glad to see we're all still clicking :T

My plan for golden appears to have gone out of the window at the moment, as the 200+ green 0.05 adverts have disappeared for the last three days! :mad:
    So I can't get those 3,000 clicks I need for 30,000 points.

Has it happened for anyone else, or is it just me?
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Its everyone Barry.

They keep showing for me for short periods and then disappearing again.

Keep plugging away......you'll get there.
  • BarryNB
    Options
    Thanks Kantankrus! I thought it was just me :(

Been getting 20 the last couple of days. Got 40 today in two batches of 20.

Was cruising along nicely to Golden with 200 a day. I suppose we've been lucky with that amount.
    Was thinking I might have to do an offer to push me over the line to get to 30,000 points a little quicker, and then concentrate on renting lots of R/R's to get some cent's coming in :beer:
  • GromitFan
    Options
    Same for me - Mini ads seemed to dry up on 7th January, but like you said when they do appear they seem to more often be in batches of 20, with the odd occasional one at other times.
    On the 7th I managed to click 76 of them, 61 of them on the 8th and 62 of them yesterday.
    Oh, and got into the habit of cursing myself if I now don't click them straight away as they have a habit of disappearing when I'm working through them. At least that's what I've noticed happening this year.

Luckily for me I'm now at 27,199 points and my golden doesn't need renewed until August, so even if I were to just click my 9 orange ads, then I'd still be able to get to the magic 30,000 points by August.

Fingers crossed that the ads, or even the videos that used to be under points offers (haven't seen them recently) may make a return for you and that you get to golden soon.
  • BarryNB
    Options
    Yes GromitFan. Like you, I'm straight on those ad's before they disappear!

I've also noticed I'm getting more 0.015 ads as well. Normally at least two a day, which all help :T

I think with the amount of members Neobux has, it's rationing the ads at the moment, so everybody gets some :rotfl:

Has anyone noticed if Neobux has any yearly patterns, apart from the Golden Membership discount days?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure