$10+ a day Neobux Challenge 2016

Options

Comments

• GromitFan
    Options
    Wow! Well done KM on having enough saved to extend 107 of them for 240 days. Well impressed!

I'd only managed to save up somewhere between $20-25 when the promotion was on as I've been buying more RR since Christmas and was then extending them when they came close to the end of their first 30 days.

Have just bought another 10RR today, so now at 220RR and 29,546 points.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Yeah , it has been really hard to just keep saving and not buying anymore refs as I am desperate to get to the 750 mark.

I have about 13 more to extend then a breathing space of 50+ days till the next batch need extending. Need to work out how many more I can purchase without stretching myself too much.

Want to try and make as much use of the March promo as well so its all a juggling game.

Part of me wants to just say bu**er it and get to 750 and extend them for shorter periods but the sensible MSE part of me knows it makes more sense to do it slowly and always extend for 240 days.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • GromitFan
    Options
    Hi KM.
    Sounds like you are trying to be very sensible and patient about getting the RR you want. How many RR do you have now?

I've been increasing mine by 10 every week since Christmas. Always tempted to buy more, but on the other hand don't want to in case I can't extend them for the 240 days when they need extended, so for now just plodding along renting another 10 each week. But may need to take a break from buying even those 10 in a few months as I can see that there's one week in May when I need to extend about 50 of them. Yikes!
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    I bought another 3 this morning which takes me to 658.

I checked on the golden thing and it looks like I could add a year on using the points. Didnt do it but wondering if its worth considering.

On another subject.....I used you as a referral to rejoin Prolific but still seem to be having problems signing in. Says I havent clicked on email but I have. Will try again later.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • GromitFan
    Options
    Hi KM.

Thanks so much for using my referral to join Prolific. Out of the survey sites, it definitely seems one of the better paid. Wonder what's going on with it saying you haven't clicked on the email. Wish I knew what to suggest.
    One thing that I have noticed with it though is that in the Trust section of your account (if you manage to get logged in at some point) it has Verified Email in a box with a red background, which looks really odd, almost like there is a problem though there isn't. The red background colour probably isn't helped by the fact that the box below for Phone Verified by SMS is a green colour, which obviously looks fine.
    Only thing I'm wondering is whether anyone on the prolific thread would have experienced the problem you seem to be having. Here's a link to that thread in case you haven't seen it (though I'm sure you most like will know about it):
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5383079

If you are now at 658 I can understand why you are feeling the urge to go and buy the others - so tantalisingly close to the 750 you want. Good on you for being sensible and pacing it.

Good to hear that we are able to add on a year to golden using points. Reckon I should be at the 30,000 in a couple of weeks. Now at 29, 596.

Seem to be having another rubbish day with my RR :(
    So far today from the 220RR, they've only done 70 clicks, so I have a projected average of 0.37 which must be an all time low for me with RR. No idea why there seems to be occasional days when the performance from the RR is so terrible. I definitely can't fathom any reason to it. Yesterday I got an average of 0.79 from them - so more than double what I'm likely to get today with them. Wish I could figure out what to do about it.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Bit of a drastic difference between days for you.

Do you do any recycling?

Have found that since I have been regularly recycling, my averages are more consistent.

RE...prolific. Ive almost given up. It doesnt seem to like me.

Tried verifying and had mobile confirmation as well and then it seemed to link back into the old account I had even though I have cancelled.

Very strange. Will have a look at link you posted . Thanks.
  • GromitFan
    Options
    Yeah - it being so drastic a difference is what is doing my head in.

Yes - I do some recycling, usually a couple of times a week. Worse still is I recycled some that either hadn't clicked at all or had really low averages just last night, so theoretically today should have been a bit better.
    And when I do recycle I've only been recycling those with low average and last click of 4 to 7 days ago. Or those that have been a RR for between 4 and 7 days and haven't clicked at all. My thoughts with the less than 4 days is that they needed a chance and for more than 7 days was that I'd perhaps be as well not to worry and just let them get automatically recycled.

This will be the 3rd time this month that I'm having a day with RR average much lower than those around it and it's not like there appears to be any pattern. Today for instance is the day after I recycled some of them (as happened on the first low average from my RR this month), but I hadn't done any recycling when I had the other low average from RR this month.

Anyway - makes no sense why there is such a huge difference one day to the next, especially when I can then have days of them behaving as you'd expect.
    Hopefully I figure it out sooner rather than later.

What a pain you can't get prolific to work for you, especially when it does seem to be better than lots of others.
  • GromitFan
    Options
    Managed to get over the 30,000 points. :j
    So, have extended my golden membership - Now doesn't need renewing until 10th August 2018 :D

So, now at 230RR and back down at 11 points.
    Think I'll just take the RR up to 250 and then have a break whilst I make sure I've plenty to extend the referrals due for renewals soon for the maximum 240 days.

How is everyone else getting on these days? Seems very quiet on here these days. Hope that doesn't mean that lots have given up on neobux.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Woohooo Gromit!! Well done! :beer: :T So nice knowing you dont have the golden expenditure to worry about.

Im still plodding on and getting nearer my goal.

Rented another 80 on Fri evening. Think its the largest batch I have bought (bit scary) and hopefully I have timed it to make use of the next promo which should be 24th March.

Will rent 3 refs for the next 4 weeks and that will take me to the 750 where I am going to sit until I have enough saved for Ultimate.

If I have enough and excess funds by end Oct, I will go for it then but I want to start renting a soon as Ultimate to make it pay so may wait till Christmas.

Dont know if you do adscend on any sites? Ive just discovered I can do it on neobux and its a good way of saving cois which can be converted to neo funds. Im almost at $11 payout but think I might let that build up and that can be my funds for buying more refs once Ultimate has been reached.

Are you using the handy referrals manager?

My average has improved since using that and recycling some older refs that look to have good avg but have stopped clicking.
  • GromitFan
    GromitFan Posts: 316 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gulps at renting 80 in one go, but guess the more RR you have the less of a gulp it seems.
    Good to hear that you are now so close to the 750 you want to be at before you make the leap for Ultimate.
    Fingers crossed it all goes to plan and you reach Ultimate this year.

Adscend - don't think I do - Will have a look at the coins section. Thanks

Handy referrals manager - If that's what I think it is then I think I downloaded it last year, but tbh never really got to grips with it, but with my RR seeming to fluctuate like they do then I guess I really ought to spend some time trying to figure it out. With the handy referrals manager do you have to export your data at the same time every day? I may well have been finding that a problem. So, any tips on how to use the handy referrals manager would be most welcome.
    Right now I think I'll head off and see what I can find about it on the neobux forum.

Have just rented another 10, so now at 240RR. Will rent again next week, then take a break until I feel I have the extending under control for the foreseeable future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure