$10+ a day Neobux Challenge 2016

Options

Comments

• Surfchik80
    Surfchik80 Posts: 472 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GromitFan wrote: »
    SurfChik80 - Good to hear that someone is able to restrain from clicking every ad and as you said, your two little ones will need your time much more. My daughter is 11 now, so of an age that I'm mainly needed for taking her places, though during the school holidays obviously try to find time to do more things with her.
    Think now I have Golden and therefore don't need to chase the points quite so much, I may try to limit my time on neobux and try to figure out a better balance, but I'm never very good at that sort of thing. :rotfl:
    Good luck on your quest for getting Golden from points. It definitely can be done!

Thanks! Yep, I had to really force myself to stop clicking them all once I'd got on top of my extensions, but I'm much better with the addiction now LOL! Same as you though, I'll get my Golden then start really pacing myself as I have a much better strategy now than when I first started. I did try using the points for extensions, but realised quickly it was quite wasteful and better to just extend for shorter periods and let the points tot up. I'd have golden now if I hadn't, but hey ho, no big deal :)

GromitFan wrote: »

When I started with neobux back in February, there weren't half as many ads as there are now, so was really slow, but think it was around May that loads of mini-ads appeared, which obviously helped immensely.

For those that are really new to it, this ^^^^ is a very good point. Back in Jan/Feb, there was about 30-80 green ads a day - correct me if my memory is wrong guys! The 200+ that we get now, came out of nowhere and none of us expected them to last this long, nor does anyone appear to know how long they will stick around for. Ergo, if you have the time to invest and it isn't a hindrance to your life, then making hay while the sun shines will vastly speed up the very looooong and boring initial stretch most of us have to go through to get to golden.

BarryNB wrote: »
    Day 13 for me.
    Currently on 2600 points.
    Did you do any points offers at all GromitFan?
    Thinking I might do a few of those to see if i can hurry Gold status along!

You're doing amazingly well for day 13!!!!!! Well done! :T
    I dont do lots of offers, as the others have said, many don't credit, yada, yada, yada, However, I do, when I have some time spare, nip into the download apps section and get a few of those to boost my points. I'm obviously not that concerned about my technology though, so at your own risk etc. I will, however, say I have never had any issues with them and did such a thing the other night after my last post, which boosted me by a good few hundred points. Not bad if like me, you just feel like doing it every week or two when theres some new apps available. I also nabbed a couple of tasty coin offers early on. i.e. set up a swag$ account and run it to a certain level for around 13000 coins. That was a big boost and paid immediately on reaching the designated points.

Sorry for the essay folks, I've seriously pared back my time on here and moneymaking for the time being, so try to catch up when I do have a quiet hour to play about. Which obviously results in war and peace type posts! :rotfl:

Anyway, current stats (if anyone cares):

Coins: 3,027 >
    Coins (Pending): 8,639 >

So getting there..... :) Keep on trucking!
    £10 a day 2017 - APR £60.12 / MAR £82.24 / FEB £142.82 / JAN £241.24
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Yes the golden pack balance is just for the add on golden packs such as sapphire, ultimate etc and cant be used for anything else.

Have looked into the other golden packs but seems you have to sign up for a year before you could then go the the next level of Ultimate.

The unlimited days off with ultimate is a real biggie for me to cover for hols and weekends away etc. Also it just seems to give that little bit more than all the other add ons.

Even when you finally become ultimate I guess you have to be constantly aware that you need a similar amount of money to keep it going for the following years which I think I worked out at just over $2 a day:eek: so a lot more refs will be needed to make it easily sustainable.

Mind you........I guess...or at least Im hoping that with Ultimate, your account makes a bit more money than with golden as you get 15 orange ads which earn a bit more I think and auto recycle is after 7 days of inactivity so should weed out the non clickers more quickly.

Ill tell you when I get there :rotfl:
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Surfchik80
    Options
    Actually, I have a question for those that already have golden. As many of you will know, there are just as many 'Neo is a scam' stories out there as there are 'Neo pays me 2k a month' stories.
    I can see the potential of it and I guess none of us will really know the truth until we get down the line, but I do think to be a success you do have to be committed to the long haul and initial, large, time investment. I'm willing to try.

That said, many people are convinced the clickers are bots and that upon reaching Golden, when they should then be earning higher rates from their referrals clicks, they noticed that their daily click rate average dropped dramatically, thus placing them back at an earning level as if they had just remained as standard (and lets be honest, unprofitable) members.

Do those of you with golden feel there was a marked decline in your daily average clicks once you reached the hallowed Golden stage? Is there any truth in the comments out there?
  • GromitFan
    GromitFan Posts: 316 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    KM - I didn't know about the days off thing for Ultimate. That too would be really handy for me. And would save me dragging my laptop around with me if we are away for a weekend. Really wish we could click those orange ads from a mobile device such as a tablet or phone.

Surfchik80 - Don't think I used points to extend, but in the early days I did use some points to recycle some, before I thought better of that idea. Thankfully I didn't do that too often.
    And yes - agree - no idea if these extra mini-ads will be there forever or could just disappear, so as well to click as many as you can, but at the same time try to not get too obsessed with that.
    And obviously no idea at present on your question about clickers once at Golden. Hope not, but obviously always in my mind that these things can be controlled.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    My daily earnings gradually went up when I became golden.......but like any membership.......I think what you do with your account has a lot of input.

Things like buying your golden membership only when on offer or with points.

Extending for as long as possible keeps costs as low as possible enabling lower averages to still give a profit.

I am also convinced that making as much use of discount dates as your funds will allow,to extend refs will also lower costs and increase profits.

Its all a juggling act though.

Surfchik.......might sound like silly question but.........to make use
    of the app downloads for coins....do you sign in to neo on your mobile?

Could really do with boosting my coins.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Surfchik80
    edited 10 August 2016 at 3:30PM
    Options
    I am also convinced that making as much use of discount dates as your funds will allow,to extend refs will also lower costs and increase profits.

Its all a juggling act though.

Surfchik.......might sound like silly question but.........to make use
    of the app downloads for coins....do you sign in to neo on your mobile?

Juggling - Yes, agree with that, but interesting to know from real people if they noticed any difference in clicks etc!

Re: downloads, I usually do it for points not coins and just click the link on the points page for whichever app I'm willing to download, have the link sent to my email, which I then pick up on the phone and hit the link to take me directly to the app store for the download. At no time do I log into Neo on my phone to achieve the credit. I tend to download and open for a little while, then check if the points have hit my account using the computer though. I then delete the app asap. I also rarely use anything that requires a sign up unless its BIG points. I just do the 'download and run' apps. Theres often a good 50-300 points to be had at any one time if you're allowing the app offers time to turn over. Hope that helps!

Edit: and NEVER, EVER anything that requires payment details!! It works for some, but I'm forgetful and would forget to cancel within T&C's before they shaft me! ;)
  • Surfchik80
    Options

KM and anyone else interested in a little coin boost, there is an Offer Toro Sun Dream Team offer today for for 434 coins. You will need to register an account using email, password, name, phone number etc, but it credits instantly and I used both my junk email address and a 'spare' number (read into the 'spare' what you will) to do it, which were both accepted. It is also on Swag$ if that is your preference, but I tend to feel the value is worth more when I do them via Neo.

Additionally, I've gained a number of points recently using the Adscend Media, Engage Me videos for 5 coins. I have been leaving them running on my PC when not in use and they each have gone well beyond 5 coins. Can be a little glitchy at times though, so better to not be using the computer for anything else while it loads and runs. Patience is key with these ones!

Hope they are of use! :beer:
  • BarryNB
    BarryNB Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    How's everybody doing? It had gone a bit quiet so I thought I'd jump back on and do another post ;)

Now on day 23 for me. I have just over $3 in my balance, and $1.88 in my rental balance.
    I have a 105 R/R's, and still have autopay on.
    Have done a few recycling's every week where I have non-clickers after 3 days, and as well, if they've clicked previously, and then haven't clicked for 6 days in a row. Still trying to work out if this is a good strategy or not???
    My points balance is nearly at 5,000.
    Still clicking 200+ adverts most days :mad:

I think my strategy now is to hope my referrals keep clicking madly and building up my pot, with no more R/R purchases at the moment, and just saving up for Golden Membership.
    I'm also thinking that I should try and get 30 of my own referrals, to see if I can add extra to my pot that way as well.

Anybody else have any good pointers from their own experiences, that they can tell me about please?

And would love to hear from you as to what you've been up to with Neobux the last few weeks :T
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Hi Barry..........nice to see you getting more referrals. A word of caution though..........to keep your costs down long term.....you need to be thinking of extending them for longer periods.

Mind you......I think everyone is the same when they start out...wanting to increase referrals quickly.

I'm just plodding along at 500 refs.......extending one referral a day to 240 days and putting the rest towards ultimate.

Been doing a lot of reading in the neo forums and have joined a lady from Canada who is in pretty much the same situation as me but she seems to have a really good recycling strategy so I am learning lots from her and am having another go at the handy referrals manager which I couldnt get to grips with before.
  • BarryNB
    BarryNB Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    All sounds good Kantankrus :D

Yes I've read on a lot of forums that it's not worth buying referrals until your Golden.
    But I thought I'd go against the grain and hopefully get referrals that clicked. They seemed to have started off well, but the averages have now started to go down.

Yes, I want to start extending them to take advantage of the discount, and maybe one or two a day might be the way to go, and save a dollar a day, for 90 days to become Golden?
    How long did it take you to become Golden Kantankrus?

I'd love to hear about the Recycling strategy, as I think that's the thing, if you can get it right, makes everything so much more profitable :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure