🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

E.ON Energy Fixed 1Year V19 End date.

Options

Comments

• csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    V20, was that a joke?
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • onzey
    onzey Posts: 830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hopefully a V20 end date will be announced soon. :)

Note: The word end here means:

cease to remain available to new applicants, be they within or outwith E.ON’s current customer base. :D

However, in this case, as far as V20 is concerned, end may as well mean cease to exist at all. (Will anybody actually opt for this tariff?)
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,526 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 February 2016 at 9:35AM
    Options
    onzey wrote: »
    Hopefully a V20 end date will be announced soon. :)

Note: The word end here means:

cease to remain available to new applicants, be they within or outwith E.ON’s current customer base. :D

However, in this case, as far as V20 is concerned, end may as well mean cease to exist at all. (Will anybody actually opt for this tariff?)

...as an old cynic, v20 will be withdrawn as soon as the telesales effort to persuade some old folk to switch from the AgeUK tariffs to v20 ,has achieved its targets :eek:
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    The regulator could put an immediate end to the shameful practice of the energy companies deliberately taking advantage of the old folks by allowing each energy company an extra tariff for OAPs only.

The proviso being that it must be at least as cheap as their cheapest tariff and have no exit fees or penalties of any kind. The energy companies would be forced to automatically place anyone of pensionable age on it.

Problem solved and the energy market shaken up and given a well deserved kicking.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Wouldn't solve a thing as all the companies would do is put up the price of all the cheap deals.

Also there is no way that a 1 size fits all works as energy use per household is extremely variable and what works for you is maybe too much for me.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    The regulator could put an immediate end to the shameful practice of the energy companies deliberately taking advantage of the old folks by allowing each energy company an extra tariff for OAPs only.

The proviso being that it must be at least as cheap as their cheapest tariff and have no exit fees or penalties of any kind. The energy companies would be forced to automatically place anyone of pensionable age on it.

Problem solved and the energy market shaken up and given a well deserved kicking.

Don't forget OAP get £200/£300 winter fuel allowance.

If an OAP tariff was really cheap, their children and grandchildren would get the tariff by putting the account in parents/grandparents name. There would be no practical way of the energy companies preventing that practice.
  • ex-dmp
    ex-dmp Posts: 85 Forumite
    edited 11 February 2016 at 10:59PM
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    ...as an old cynic, v20 will be withdrawn as soon as the telesales effort to persuade some old folk to switch from the AgeUK tariffs to v20 ,has achieved its targets :eek:

I didn't think of that one where I should have done as I have just joined the 60 and over club :). When I looked at the AGE UK tariff a little while ago I just laughed :rotfl:. Compared to my current V15/16 it was way over the top.

I was thinking along the lines, lets raise the price to make the collective deals look good,
    OR
    Play the supermarket price con game, raise the price for a statutory time period and then claim massive price cuts when they drop back to more normal levels.

Time to moan I think

[Removed by Forum Team]

Info from ceoemail website
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

As with all our tariffs we keep our prices under review and always ensure that the they are appropriately priced based on a number of factors, many which change and fluctuate, including the costs and aspects that make up a typical energy bill.

Straight out of a Yes Minister script. Classic Sir Humphrey speak.... :D
    That said I don't think we should be having a go at the company reps on these boards.
  • NittyGritty
    Options
    your right about not having a go at the reps,but whoever came up with that paragraph, it was a rather pathetic and lame one.
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    your right about not having a go at the reps,but whoever came up with that paragraph, it was a rather pathetic and lame one.

Thank you pineapple and NittyGritty,

I really do understand and you know we help as much as we possibly can with all sorts of things on here.

I was just trying to give you and thread as much info as I had.

But I do appreciate what you've both said about us, and some other posters.

Thanks

Helena :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport