NST: February: Back to Basics.

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Awww that sounds lovely Mothernerd. Really hope it works out over the longer period.

CCL - yes it's a big relief really. I am sure your son has taken a lot in about your husband's condition. They aren't little anymore are they really. I hope his school is giving him some leeway at least?

Dolly- really glad your first week has gone well.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks Fmess think I made the right choice :)

Mothernerd film nights sounds great and it does you world of good getting social life. Enjoy.

Had a nice walk with friend this am, washing done dried on line.
    Made lunch for daughter and gs. Then zoo visit this afternoon with membership card. Took flask and some biccies another Sfd in the bag.

Well done dolly on yr first week. Think we both got into pjs early tonight.

Grateful for

Leftover curry for tea.
    Washing dried in fresh air
    Lovely friends
    Olbas oil so I could breathe this am.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Another difficult day with ds. We haven't seen my mam for a month and he went over there and became a brat within seconds. It deteriorated to the point where we had to leave early, and he's already in bed. Little rotter.
    Spendy day today - got some meat from the butcher and a little top up from Aldee. Loads of housework done, feeling pretty good and ready to face the world for now :D
    I am also grateful for
    :D seeing my mam after a month
    :D getting my compensation cheque from my car accident (a bit of breathing room if desperate)
    :D getting a refund I've been chasing since last year
    :D Saturday night tv :D
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well it was a lovely day for painting but I have been lazy and stayed inside all day - didn't spend any money, hurray.

I have brought the 'new to me' drawers upstairs and started to transfer my clothes (from the assorted plastic drawers, clothes basket and the odd pile in the corner). The drawers aren't beautiful but are from the 30's, very well made and the drawers are about 8" deep - so all my toiletries/ medicines and underwear fit in one drawer and they should easily accommodate bigger things like jumpers and sweatshirts.

Still gathering up things to be donated and have done a little cooking. Small turkey and gammon joints went on the bottom shelf whilst my tea was cooking and then I put in some cook from frozen chicken breasts. To go with veg/ salads or in sandwiches and stews (and will take less space if I re-freeze).

Today I am grateful for

being quietly domestic

my new drawers - not beautiful on the outside but beautiful inside

finishing my jigsaw

feeling properly relaxed.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Sorry not been on since Weds evening, Thurs and Sat were early nights as just so tired (think I may still be getting over the bug I had last weekend) and Fri night DH and I went out to a local bingo evening - it was great fun and the first time we have been out together for ages.

Had a NSD on Thurs but Friday I had to get a birthday present and of course pay to get into bingo and have a few drinks.
    On Sat DD and I went for an exfoliating facial - I don't have any skin care routine and just wash with warm water but I noticed DD (13) has a lot of spots and black heads - especially worse at certain times of the month so decided we needed a facial and also brought some cleanser. Have trial packs of toner, moisturiser and bits so if all ok I will buy them when I next go back.

Today will be a spend day as need to get ham and soya milk. Will save main shop for Tues or Weds evening after work (this is instead of a delivery)

I see some people are having some down days - I think it is the weather and time of year, everything just seems so grey and then our moods match it!!

Just hopping over to the March thread.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Failure isn't bad. Failure isn't final. If there is one thing I know after having observed this crazy world for (over!)40 years, it's that you can SURVIVE almost anything and come back better and stronger than ever before. Don’t let the fear of failure stop you from achieving the success you deserve. Failure only hurts when it means you’ve quit on something important to you. So don’t. Keep at it. The more you move in the right direction towards success, the better you’ll feel. Every day work on making new positive habits second nature automatic. Do your best to make little bets and mini-steps ahead each day. Stay strong. Never quit. I believe in you. You can do it.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for all the motivation Apple.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for the NST challenges which keep me focussed and help me reach and even exceed my targets (NSD #17 today:D), for a therapeutic sort out of my bunny stash, for finally clearing the clothes mountain away, for a good book, for a lovely pyjana day with dd.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • FunBrum
    FunBrum Posts: 716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had another NSD on Friday, but caved-in last night and had Chinese chips and curry sauce! I was going to go the whole hog and get spare ribs beef with peppers in black bean sauce, and prawn crackers, but decided to save some money and just spend £3.30 instead.:D

One more day before the end of this month and this challenge!:eek:
    Living a frugal retirement without treading on the planet :T
    Womble #17- £2,018.41 €2
    TURTLES NSD's 01/31
    FLC £3000/£2,328.12
    CCCC2016 #10 £19 monthly spends on clothes
    Wombled nectar points=728 Wombled Boots points=316
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Today turned out to be a NSD, time got away with me and I did not get a chance to go to the shops before they shut. So we have made do with the veg that was in the fridge/freezer and DH can have cheese sandwiches for work and I have 1 more carton of soya milk left.

Fingers crossed tomorrow will be a NSD and that will take me to 16.

Today I am grateful for:
    1. Spending the morning outside cleaning the chickens out and clearing the ditch of bramble.
    2. A lovely roast dinner (shared preparation with DH doing the roasties)
    3. A nice warm, relaxing bath.
    4. A fudge bar given to me by relative today (just about to get into bed and read a book and eat it).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure