We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Time to get serious

Options

Comments

• EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I think busy is good, even if I moan about it at times!

I’ve got as far as getting parsnips onto the kitchen worktop and finding out I only have one sweet potato, in between making tea for hubby and getting grandson breakfast!

I hope you get to sit and enjoy the party after the baking BusyMee
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Sent you a pm thanks.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Super tired today, made it to the weekend though.

Highlights from the week include making two batches of soup, so the freezer is now stocked up again, working late supporting (my) customers in the mayhem that is the run up to Black Friday and paying the water bill which is still working out less than our last place (by a fair bit too!)

When I have a lot to do I usually start by saying what *has* to get done right now, which makes it manageable. This weekend there are quite a few things that fit into that category and I’m not sure they will all fit.

However I am really really really looking forward to our first Christmas in our new home :xmastree:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That sounds great!

My sympathies on the amount of stuff that *has* to get done this weekend. I sometimes puzzle about that too, though usually my deadlines are self imposed ...

I wonder if it helps to think about what the consequences are of leaving any particular task undone? Or, more simply, if one thing has to be done before others can be done?

Have a good one, its a lovely thought to have your first Christmas there!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thank you for your thoughts KC, I guess those are the type of questions I think in my head for prioritising tasks but had never put it into words,

It looks like I’m getting there, thank goodness for wonderful husbands! Sat down with the fire on now and looking forward to a relaxing evening.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I’m still here, just even more busy than normal. Work is going mental with several major projects being shoehorned in. I’m pleased to report that even with this extra work and extra festive activities such as Christmas parties, I am still sticking to taking soup for lunch and sticking to the meal plan at home.

Our Christmas tree is up, we do indulge and get a real one, this year I found a small local place just in the next village where they are half the price of the big places.

Most of the Christmas presents have been bought and wrapped, just a couple bits to get and the Christmas food shop delivery is booked for the Friday before Christmas.

Even though it is crazy manic I’m actually feeling quite organised!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Yesterday we went shopping, I’m surprised the bank didn’t stop my card for suspected fraudulent use, as I never go shopping on a Saturday!

Two big shops done, food for us to get us up to the Christmas shop (meal plan done too) and food for the dogs to get us to the new year. Today will be the turn of buying food for the horses. I’m spotting a pattern here of where all my money goes!

I also managed to complete some more travel expenses yesterday and shuffled that to savings, along with the £25 from the energy switch.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Work has now finished! It’s been a tough couple weeks work-wise, but now I am looking forward to relaxing and plotting for the coming year!

We just have to go and collect a load of hay to see us until next year today and catch up with tidying the house before everyone comes on Christmas Day.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Work has now finished! It’s been a tough couple weeks work-wise, but now I am looking forward to relaxing and plotting for the coming year!
    Yay! And I see you've also done your big shops, thats good too.
    We just have to go and collect a load of hay to see us until next year today and catch up with tidying the house before everyone comes on Christmas Day.
    That's the best last-purchase-before-Christmas **ever** :j:j:j

Have a lovely time over Christmas and the New Year.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thank you Karmacat, hope you have a wonderful Christmas too :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport