We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Time to get serious

Options

Comments

• EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I have survived the week!

My weeks at the moment seem to consist of work and dog activities, mainly walking the big dog in the morning to get his miles in and two lots of evening training for pupster. At least it’s cheap!

As it was DD2s birthday this week we also managed to shoehorn in an evening meal out at an amazing carvery place. It’s not cheap at around £10 a head, but the carvery is the best AND they have an old fashioned sweet trolley they wheel around. It came to £20 a head so not too bad on the pocket, but best of all DD1 actually paid for herself and DD2 had her meal paid for by her boyfriend, who also paid for himself :T

The reason for the excitement is that they usually expect us to pick up the bill for them, but I feel at their age they should be paying their way. Are they truly independent now?!

There has also been a fair few Christmas presents bought these last couple of weeks. There are a few DDs set up from bank accounts to Tesco savers which are there to meet the DD requirements of the accounts. This will be shuffled back over to cover the presents.

This weekend we are doing the fencing so I am physically exhausted from a day of hard labour yesterday and more today, it’s looking great though :)
  • michelle09
    Options
    Hooray for survival! DD2 clearly has great taste in boyfriends.

Hope the fencing is going well.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So glad things are panning out for you! It's the hard work you've already put in, of course, but its still great :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thank you Michelle and KarmaCat, I’m done for the day. Everything aches, but it looks amazing!
    About half way along with all the posts in pilot holes in position, so excellent progress :T

I’m so glad there is plenty of soup in the freezer for lunches next week as I’m fit for nothing now!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Well done on your fencing efforts.
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on getting your fencing done and I am suitably impressed that DD's and BF paid for their own meals. Have a good week
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I’m still amazed BusyMee!

This week has seen the end of the month come and go. A few £ shuffled to savings, taking it to around £550.

Meter readings have been submitted for the energy changeover and we had a couple hundred pound credit from BG, although that will just stay in the bills account for now.

I’ve done a big shop from Sains, which has arrived and should keep us going a few weeks, but not managed a meal plan yet.

I’ve nearly run out of dog food again, so need to get some more ordered today.

The most important job I need to focus on at the moment is that end of business quarter has come around again, so need to get business accounts done for vat return. No rest for the wicked!
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    Nice to see you ETE sounds like everything is well in your world. I don't envy you doing the VAT return !
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I dislike it immensely and it seems to come around again so quick!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    So far this week I have been to the big smoke for work not once, but twice, after managing to avoid it for years!

It has taken its toll and I’m very tired. Luckily it has not taken its toll on my bank balance, so something to be thankful for. I even managed to avoid getting something yummy whilst having to wait at Paddington for the first trip home. Lots of willpower!

Added to my ever growing list is to work out what to claim back for this week.

I bought hubby a couple of easy ready meals, so he didn’t have to cook on top of everything else whilst I was away, so the damage hasn’t been too bad.

An unplanned spend as Pupster hurt his leg last weekend, so there was a visit to the vets, he seems to be on the mend now luckily.

I need to work out some different meals to slot in to the meal plan too as hubby’s cholesterol is creeping up. Not at a bad level yet but definitely heading in the wrong direction.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport