We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Time to get serious

Options

Comments

• EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Today the last bit of fencing around the perimeter of the field has been completed :T

We are now trying to warm up!

I have a feeling I will be doing the meal plan later that I didn’t do last weekend, hubby asked where it had disappeared to - it normally lives on the fridge. Whoops.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Get well soon Pupster!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thank you SHS, he seems ok on it now, but trying to keep him resting it as instructed and not charging around is a bit of a task!
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Beyond me how any dog 'rests' but am just jaded because Watty dog hyper and personally I would resort to sedatives but I gather this method unacceptable :)

Big congratulations on fencing...enjoy the celebrations!
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    It has been another week of trying to stop pupster running around, this has been the most difficult task this week without a doubt!

We’ve also muddled through another week without a meal plan as I still haven’t managed to get that done.

Progress is being made on the business accounts, but this needs to speed up a bit if I’m to get the vat return in on time.
    Although we have our grandson over for most of the weekend so I’m not sure realistically how much will get done.

Lunch has been soup all week, but Friday saw the last block used from the freezer, so more stocks needed for next week too.

The letter arrived from mortgage Co advising of small increase this week, that is a big incentive to keep on this track to OP.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    What is the horse and pony count now?
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    4 big ones and 2 little ones, I could still do with dropping down to just 1 pony, but I haven’t really put any time into it recently. Although lots of pondering into next steps as DH’s horse would like to join the other retired one. So do I bring the other TB back into work for him or get something else, also I’d like something I could go out competing on that doesn’t need ‘work’....I’m thinking they are decisions for after we have made it through the winter! Have you viewed any big ones yet for DD?
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Yes one. She felt completely overhorsed.

I know everyone has heard this before but I really need to get the weight off so I can go out with her. Plops was chased today by two dogs (one newfoundland size). Plops legged it (think it nipped her) and DD came off, lost a stirrup and leather, covered in mud.

There is a 15.2 welsh sec D down your way on faceache for sale. I like the look of her but the owner is really odd when I try to arrange to visit.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Oh no! Hope she’s ok after coming off.
    Pm the details and I’ll see if anyone I know knows the seller. Horsey people are odd in general :rotfl:

I’m up early today thanks to grandson waking early. Yesterday I didn’t get much done from my list. Walked big dog (for miles and miles) then visited mum and took her out for dinner as a birthday treat and that was the day gone!

Some batch cooked chilli from Friday was portioned up and put in the freezer, dishwasher and washing machine emptied and filled.

I’m going to start making soup in a minute, once I’ve woken up a bit more.
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    Morning ETE, all sounds good in your world, if a tad busy......story of our lives I think. I also need to make soup today and make some cakes for our baby neice's Birthday party. I also need to wake up first.....another cup of tea required !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport