Time to get serious

Options

Comments

• EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Another week has flown by, I'm trying to think what has happened.

i've had homemade soup every day this week for lunch, but I will need to replenish stocks for next week.

An online food shop arrived after I completed the meal plan last weekend.

I ordered something of 3bay for my dad's birthday next week, but I think I will keep it back for Christmas and just get chocolates posted to him.

It is indeed dark morning when I'm taking the dog out, so I purchased some reflective clothes. All online purchases with the best price obtained.

There are quite a few purchases I need to make this weekend too. Birthday gifts, cards, shampoo, nothing very exciting. Sometimes it feels once you start spending it's like a floodgate has opened though!

Last weekend I also completed the review through the mse energy club and started the switch to a new provider, which should keep our energy bills down.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    It is indeed dark morning when I'm taking the dog out, so I purchased some reflective clothes. All online purchases with the best price obtained.

On weekdays my poor dogs only have walks in the dark as the mornings are still dark until at least 6.45am and in the evenings it is now getting dark by 6.30pm.
    The only time they see daylight on a walk is at weekends now.

I have LED collars for the dogs and I wear a head torch - although the latter is for finding the poo in the dark:rotfl:
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    It sounds as if all is well in your world ETE - MSE stuff all sounds like second nature now .
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I wear a head torch - although the latter is for finding the poo in the dark:rotfl:

I've been using the torch on my phone but the thought has crossed my mind that I might drop it! I'm sure I have a head torch from when I used to ride the horses in the dark, I might see if I can find it.

BusyMee I think you are right, most of the ms ways are second nature, but I'm sure I could do better!

We had a lovely day yesterday, pottering around up the field and clearing a few more brambles. We did have lunch out at a wonderful dog friendly farm cafe we found during our week off, before heading up to the moors with the dogs.

Some online shopping was also completed, some shampoo that I use and a birthday present for my dad. I found a great offer for the shampoo (3for2) and went through tcb for the birthday present.
    An easy dinner of chilli from the freezer too.

The field hedge is being trimmed Monday, so the last side of the field will need to be fenced over the next couple weekends, it will be quite expensive getting the fencing to do it, but such a huge saving (we are talking thousands!) by doing it ourselves.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    That is exciting to get the last of your fencing in.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I have so much to catch up on this weekend!

In positive news I should be able to avoid another big shop until after the end of the month. There is plenty in the freezer and cupboards, I just need to make more soup for lunches and do some baking.

It’s also looking like the big work contract will be going into January, so that will keep the business account growing nicely.

I’ve just heard my mum will be staying for a couple nights next week for DD2s birthday, so a slight rejig of the meal plan will be needed. I might need to bake a cake actually....luckily the girls are still laying plenty of eggs, so I’m sure I probably have all the ingredients in.

Hubby is out on a job this morning so I should have a few hours pottering at home to hopefully get a few things knocked off the list.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I’m just sat down with a cup of tea. It’s very blowy outside!

The dog’s have been taken down to the river, washing shuffled (still haven’t decided definitely on the heated airer), some Christmas presents purchased using TCB, CP updated, all paperwork downloaded and printed for the planning permission for the house extension, dishwasher loaded and two types of soup bubbling away on the hob :)

It’s very impressive until you look at the list of things still to do :rotfl:

I’m about to start the ironing so that will slow down my progress somewhat.

I hope no-one has had any damage caused in all this weather.
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    you're very productive /ETE. I'm just trying to pluck up courage to do G&E and internet... I do draw the line at ironing ;)
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It’s very impressive until you look at the list of things still to do :rotfl:
    I'm familiar with that feeling :rotfl:
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I do draw the line at ironing ;)
    :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing