Time to get serious

Options

Comments

• michelle09
    Options
    Wow, it's amazing the deals you can find if you're happy to look! Is the new dishwasher working well?
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thanks Michelle, it must be working well as I'm sure if it wasn't DD1 would be telling us!

Lots ticked off my list yesterday, mostly stuff around the house. I did log in to my mortgage for the first time - currently at 231907.30. You can only see the balance though, but that's ok. It will go back over 232 at some point this month due to the daily interest.

All travel expenses paid for the past couple months and water bill payee set up on bills account and bill paid. I did consider phoning to set up monthly DD but as our bills account sits with money in it due to yearly dividends I think just paying it quarterly will be fine, plus no money sitting with the water company.

Registered the horses with a new vets in the area we are in now, my farrier recommended this one and told me you could do it online, brilliant!

Other mse activities were to check possible switches for when the energy collective ends next month and a few photos of items to 3bay.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    That's another week gone by in a blur, very busy with work still so not much time to fit much else in.

These past couple of weeks I've been getting a lot of extra steps in by walking our big dog before starting work, I may have to get a new flashing collar soon though as it is getting lighter later. I need to be able to see where he is when it is dark!

With the wetter weather coming in I am thinking about what boots will be needed. I nearly bought a new pair for work/social but I think my old pair can be resurrected if they are reheeled. I'm having trouble finding an independent out this way though, so I have still not got it done. Still no spends this year on clothes or shoes.

Shopping has been delivered this week, I didn't get chance to meal plan before ordering it so I should look at getting that done today and meal planning around what I've bought.
    We had chicken casserole in the sc in the week, it is definitely chicken casserole weather at the moment!

Also I need to get some more dog food this weekend, little pupster is eating the same amount as big dog :eek:
  • michelle09
    Options
    I have decided size clearly doesn't come into it with pet appetites! My brother's cat is more than twice the weight of ours and he talks about "feeding cats half a pouch of food in the morning and cleaning the leftovers in the evening." My cat has a whole pouch and scoffs the lot in ten minutes. Licks the bowl clean! Least she likes Asda own brand food.

Definitely cold weather food coming up!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Is your brother's cat perhaps eating elsewhere as well..?
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Another one here digging out boots to be reheeled by fab independent shoe repairer opposite the station. The chains overcharge and do not do the job as well imho.

Enjoy your weekend :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like a busy week ETE, glad your pup is settling well
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Is there a place at Sainsbugs for reheeling?
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Lots of lovely visitors to my diary, thank you for stopping by :)

I do believe there is a big chain at the local Te$co SHS, I just would prefer to use an independent if possible and I'm quite surprised that there doesn't seem to be one in the local market town. Maybe a job for next weekend, or maybe I could get there during a lunch break....now there's an idea!

Life does seem very busy at the moment BusyMee, I thought it would be less busy after we moved and got settled but maybe it's just the type of people we are. Of course a new puppy doesn't help - especially when eating us out of house and home! He is a growing lad, that's what I'm putting it down to,

A busy weekend too, meal plan completed. I feel much more organised now. Some washing shuffling has happened but I may need to get one of those super heated airers. Lots of old wire fence to the tip. Tack room decluttered a bit more. Blackberries picked and food taken with us today whilst out with big dog along with pulled pork in the sc for when we get back.

Training organised for pupster to start in a couple weeks, but not paid for yet. Two nights a week, that should keep us out of mischief :rotfl:

Lots of spends today though at dog event, more puppy paraphernalia, leads, collar, treats for training and a bigger bowl! Also flashing collar for big dog for our early morning walks. I need to try and keep my purse closed for a few days now!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A little puppy is going to add busy-ness, thats for sure :) but its a nice form, of course :)

I thought I was going to a doggy fun day toay, in my local park, but I didn't write the day properly, and I've missed it, sob ... I bet yours was fun!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport