Time to get serious

Options

Comments

• shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    New puppy is so exciting. At times I wish we'd have had 3 more dogs instead of 3 kids :eek:!!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    New puppy woohoo!

Elephant do you know anyone selling a horse? 16hh riding club schoolmadter/mistress type?
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Dogs are so much easier than children. They welcome you home from work instead of grunting at you too! We are just getting the car ready and trying to work out what we need for pupster. Well I already have the address tag for the collar, I'm so organised.

Sorry SHS I haven't heard of anything like that, is this for you? Can I get all excited on your behalf if it is?
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    You're more organised than us - I only remembered we needed new address tags after the dogs had been living here a week...plus another few days for delivery. Lucky they didn't go walkabout in the meantime!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Its for DD1. She has grown like a weed since she rode your dear pony.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I think it was about a week after we moved here before I got the new tags too hidden.

Good luck looking for new horse for DD1 SHS. Will you have room for one for you at some point in the future?

We collected pup yesterday so it is now chaos at home! Thankfully we put chilli on in the sc before we went and took sandwiches in a cool box for the journey, so no food spends.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm looking forward to lots of puppy stories!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Eak what happened to the week? It got swallowed up by a puppy!

He's a very good puppy, but I'm exhausted all the same. Normal everyday routine is in chaos, so not a lot of mse activity going on.

As I came home to a rather boisterous welcome in the week, I'm wondering if this will scupper my plans for not buying any new clothes this year as razor puppy teeth ripped my jeans.

DD2 car drama still ongoing. After getting the insurance company to waive the £500 for not reporting the accident within 24hrs, they then proceed to try and charge her £1000. They say because she phoned up to report the accident it is charged out as a claim even though there was no claim. So now they are waiving that charge as there actually was no claim.

It's quite worrying actually, I can't remember the name of the company but they are recommended for first time drivers. The letters they send demanding payment are quite aggressive and clearly a rouse to extract money. If we hadn't stepped in and given her a nudge to call them with the points written down to discuss I dread to think what could have happened.

I'm not sure what chance I'll have to catch up with diaries this weekend, I have end of year accounts to complete along with everything else, including lots of puppy snuggles. I hope all is well with everyone.
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Glad to hear DD2 wasn't caught out having to pay ridiculous amounts to the insurance company. Some places can be ridiculous in what they try to get out of you.

Hope the puppy settles in and stops destroying clothing. ;)
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hi ETE,

Been a little while, pleased to see you are still doing fabulously! Well done on looking out for DD, you have saved her a good amount and definitely complain about the company, how awful!

I am hoping to be around a bit more to check in now!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure