• EatingTheElephant
    Options
    :T:T:T. New Field Day :T:T:T

That is all.
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How exciting ,have a brilliant day,you have done so well.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This is interesting! My house really needs a coat of paint, but before that it needs new plaster, where the mortaring failed a few years ago, gulp. And you did your *own* plastering? Total respect, EE! Also for having utility accounts anywhere near a credit balance in January :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Oh missed field day! Ah well, Happy Field Day in retrospect!! Hope it all went well!

House is fab, how did your house showings go? Priced well?

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thanks TH, KC & Jodles for stopping by.

I'm exhausted from non-stop work on the house (plus work/dog/horses etc!).
    We have just 3 more rooms to do (counting the garden as one).

Our bedroom is now in progress. First EA valuation was around what I thought, so at least I know I'm not too far out with my figures. A lot of good comments as well about the changes we have made to it.

Did a top up shop following the meal plan for the next week and used nectar points as they didn't get used for Christmas presents, no actual money spent :T although did also pay vets bill for horse incident before Christmas. Hoping to end this month with a bit of money left over in the accounts, however I also have dentist this month and we bought a wardrobe for DD2, so it will be a challenge!

I'm awake very early again as found another possibility on RM last night. it's a little more than we were thinking of spending and needs a lot of work doing (reconfiguration not just decorating) but my brain is now thinking about the possibilities - I wish I didn't think so much sometimes.

We are not going to view any until we have an offer on this place, but not much longer before it can go on the market.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Still decorating.....we are sooooo close now that it seems to be taking forever, but really I'm amazed it is moving so quick!

Second EA valued our house slightly higher, but also said he had someone who he thought might be interested. The fees were also quite a bit cheaper, so I think we will go with him. We cancelled the third as he was a bit offish from the start.
    Our bedroom is halfway done, so should definitely be finished by the end of the weekend, although it does need carpet.

We've gone halves with bil on a skip, which is in his car park, so lots of shuffling of diy rubbish to the skip this weekend too, that should get my steps up!!

Off to mil for dinner tonight, should be a nice break and saves a meal from the meal plan which can be used for next week.
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    But it must be so exciting , :D

Almost an interest already... that is fantastic. We had dozens of viewings when ours was up for sale without success.... put me off the whole process. I hope it goes really quickly for you. :)
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Missed new field day - catching up now. Celebrating with you!
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thank you for celebrating with me Watty.

It is very exciting mfd! I've never sold a house before so I was feeling apprehensive, but feeling a bit more optimistic. It does help that this is a FTB type house, I'm sure the next one won't be as easy to sell when the time should come.

As soon as we get a new house though it will be full steam ahead for getting rid of the mortgage asap. Hubby is on board too, although probably going to aim to reduce the monthly payments initially.

I've had a taste of being MF now, so need to plan to do it more quickly next time.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Again I'm exhausted, where can I get some of that stuff called energy?

I was on my feet all day yesterday and can hardly move today. I didn't even have my fitbit on as to start with I was painting the (artexed) kitchen ceiling and I was getting paint spots all over it.
    It was certainly a workout going up and down the ladder so much and twisting and turning.
    Followed by a couple of hours walking the dog and sweeping the stable yard!

The plan today is to try and get some admin type stuff done, with screen breaks to move around and do things like load the dishwasher etc. Hopefully that will get some things ticked off, but I will have to walk the dog at some point.....I think I might be a bit slow. Hubby is wallpapering the main bedroom, we did manage to get a carpet remnant to fit yesterday (carrying that up to the house probably didn't help with the aches today!) so that can be fitted when the papering is finished. Unfortunately BnQ didn't have the wallpaper we wanted that we used in the lounge and this second choice one isn't as forgiving :(

Right, the first load of dishes are on and the first load of washing. If I get the accounts started we can take some money out of the business in February to help with moving costs etc. so I had best get cracking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure