• EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Sent you a pm SHS with linky.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Thanks. I love me some house !!!!!!!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    We did well yesterday, half the hall has wallpaper, various cupboards decluttered too around the chaos of pasting table/ladders etc.

A reasonably cheap night out with family for a Chinese meal then seeing in NY at theirs, DD1 was taxi and even offered assistance fencing new field this year (perimeter is definitely not pony proof!) - they do become useful eventually!!

I've just logged on to check bank accounts, but nothing updated yet, so money shuffling will need to wait.

Good luck to everyone with their 2017 goals :)
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    We have a full day of decorating ahead of us apart from taking the dog out and feeding the horses.

Yesterday I sorted out a few areas in our bedroom and decluttered another drawer, getting ready for when we move on to decorating our bedroom. I also plastered an awkward area in the kitchen, which took forever and lots of twisting and ending up in strange positions!

Dinner last night was trying to use up stuff from the fridge so pate followed by Christmas pudding. I want to run down the fridge and freezer so we don't have it full when we come to move, plus hopefully it will save some pennies ready for moving expenses. There could be some interesting combinations to eat this month.
  • pawlala
    pawlala Posts: 1,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We have a full day of decorating ahead of us
    snap, the colours I chose don't seem to be appearing on the walls as the same colour, must be the light! :eek:
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    pawlala wrote: »
    snap, the colours I chose don't seem to be appearing on the walls as the same colour, must be the light! :eek:

I know! It never looks like you think it will. DD2 bedroom was a totally different colour to what I thought it would be, but luckily she likes it, plus we should only be here for a few more months.

Hope you decorating ends up ok in the end.
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Oh if you fancy sending me a pm of place as well would be great, if not no worries! How exciting for new year!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Well work has slowed down progress (it does get in the way!) but still moving along. Very nearly got the hall & kitchen complete.

Hubby has meeting today with mortgage broker and just one more sleep until completion on our field :T
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    All good news today with the mortgage broker, based in the figures we could borrow much more than we need, so good to know. Also passed our details to EA, first one is coming tomorrow to advise what bits to focus on and to give opinion on value etc. Property in our area goes very quick apparently, so that is good! Hubby might get his house after all!

Meter readings submitted for gas/elec, both a small amount in credit.
    I suppose I should think about doing a food shop at some point soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure