Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Options

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No willpower at all :eek: we went into town this morning for an appointment and then to specsavers for dh eye test and my hearing aids to be tinkered with to stop them whistling....we tried to go to nice theatre cafe again for lunch but couldn’t get in - ended up going to a stall we used to go to years ago on the local market which does the most amazing home cooked cheese and onion pie......it was delicious - so we’re the chips and beans that went with it. I contemplated having a jacket potato but I’d have been drooling as dh ate his. So I ate half of it and gave the rest to dh - satisfied my craving and hopefully didn’t do too much to scupper my good intentions...

£4 spent on 2 drinks as we killed a bit of time between appointments. Running total rounded off to £135 (dh bought dinner:D)
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Always nice to have a wee treat :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    No willpower at all :eek: we went into town this morning for an appointment and then to specsavers for dh eye test and my hearing aids to be tinkered with to stop them whistling....we tried to go to nice theatre cafe again for lunch but couldn’t get in - ended up going to a stall we used to go to years ago on the local market which does the most amazing home cooked cheese and onion pie......it was delicious - so we’re the chips and beans that went with it. I contemplated having a jacket potato but I’d have been drooling as dh ate his. So I ate half of it and gave the rest to dh - satisfied my craving and hopefully didn’t do too much to scupper my good intentions...

£4 spent on 2 drinks as we killed a bit of time between appointments. Running total rounded off to £135 (dh bought dinner:D)

Busy busy you are , lunch sounded just right for a cold day. :D
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Ohhhhh - the cheese and onion pie sounds lush!:D
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I never like my hair when it's first cut either, it takes about a week for mine to settle down.

Good luck with your SW journey. It takes a while to get back on the wagon especially this time of year when it's so cold and miserable. I've just about cracked it with my WW and it does work when you do it properly.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • milann
    Options
    Another NSD today. Did some much needed housework.
    I still need to sort beds out (sofa beds for dd and her hubby) room doubles as craft/junk room and put up z bed & travel cot in tiny box room for grandkids for next weekend as I didn’t get around to doing that today. Been chatting to eldest gk today and she wants to make a cake for her uncles 40th she ADORES him and he doesn’t get a minutes peace when she’s around. So I’ll make it Friday evening and kids can help decorate it with sweets and sprinkles on Saturday. They’ll arrive mid morning and we’ll have a relaxed day here - maybe a trip to the park and nice home made meal and birthday cake.Then next Sunday a trip to science museum which is great and hands on for kids in big town nearby followed by a meal in restaurant of ds choice in town before they head back home. I’m looking forward to it. So my plan this week is to keep on top of all housework/washing (I tend to leave it until weekends then spend all weekend sorting it) so I’m not doing the night shift before they arrive!

All was going well with SW then I NEEDED sponge and custard - not done a microwave sponge for years but it’s what I was craving - it is what it is.....on a positive I’ve just realised I haven’t had any alcohol to drink (there’s some in the Christmas cake I’ve been having though) since New Years Eve - I hadn’t intended doing dry January but I’m quite pleased. There’s no way I could do the dechox though - think I’ve had chocolate most....every day at some point.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    What a fab weekend to look forward too :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• milann
    Options
    I know Beanie - really looking forward to it. Sooo why do I feel so cheesed off and biting everyone’s - especially dhs - head off.....
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Because it's blue Monday today.
    REally it is.

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Never mind milann - the weekend will be here soon and you'll buck up no end when the GCs arrive!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business