Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,632 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    All sounding good Mrs.
    Hope your wrist settles down soon.
    Take care.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,631 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I didn't do much on Tuesday when I was off work. I'd hoped to have sorted a few bits out but I was shattered.

A good friend called around to take me out for tea last night - it was lovely. I'm being very spoilt. We called to John Lewis on the way home as I wanted a present for youngest granddaughter. It's their birthdays before Christmas so I'm leaving their presents when we visit so I don't have to post them - never been so organised :rotfl:

I'm quite excited as I have made contact with a long lost cousin - lol I've got cousins befriending me on FB like something not right....it's good seeing old photos though.

I should be doing all sorts before I head off to dds - I've got a neighbour in the house whilst I'm away so want to leave everything right for her.
    January spends - £587.58
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope you are having a wonderful time at DDs and that you have been well looked after.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,513 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like you're having a lovely time being thoroughly spoilt. Hope you're having an equally lovely time at DDs :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • beanielou
    Options
    I think it must be your birthday this weekend.
    Hope that you are celebrating in style :D xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• milann
    Options
    Thanks folks. My birthday was Friday - I have the best job as the children I work with made me an amazing card. One of the children - a 7 year old with Downs Syndrome drew a picture of me on the front - I chuckle every time I look at it. I was called to a classroom we use for group work and we had a 'suurprise party' with balloons, party hats and birthday cake - they made me wear a massive birthday badge all day. The friends I work with gave me flowers and a voucher. We get an hour off for our birthday and I wasn't going to take it as I'd had time off for the hospital but they insisted I had it. So I dashed home to sort myself out for going away for the weekend. A couple of friend popped in with more flowers and I had a surprise delivery from my nephew.

We picked my dh up at 6 and headed straight to my dds with a quick 1/2 hour food stop - it was half 11 when we got there. It is a long long journey. My gks woke me at 6 Saturday morning bubbling with excitement as they had made a birthday cake. We played and had a walk along the sea front the went for a lovely meal. We had intended going out in the evening but we were shattered. We went to the park and sea front for ice cream on Sunday before heading home on another virtually 6 hour journey home. The weather was beautiful and it was a lovely weekend - just needed to be longer.... The only spanner in the work was littlest gdd started with a bug on Sunday just before we left.

I was very spoilt with some charms for my bracelet, vouchers for a 'sing along a sound of music' next spring, smellies, earrings, lots of flowers and a new notepad. I've been a lucky lady :j

I'm going out with some of my closest friends on Friday and really looking forward to it - there are 15 of us - it sort of snowballed....

I've been shattered since weekend though and need some early nights to catch up.

I saw a photo of my grandma for the 1st time ever the day before I was 60 and she wasn't a bit what I had in my head - funny how you get images in your mind. I've been quite fascinated with my new found cousins and the family history they have uncovered.

Spend wise I've not been too bad (I think) I'll get my statement at weekend so will do some number crunching.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sounds like you had a fantastic time :D

• milann
    Options
    I really did Beanie. It was the little things that made it - the card from work, the grandkids blowing candles out with me and poor eldest granddaughter getting my hand whilst we were out and telling me she was sad I was getting old (they'd all been taking the Micky out of me over the weekend) because her old old gran died so she couldn't see her anymore - bless. I had to explain Great Gran was past 90 and very old and I was just a bit old....she skipped off happily. :A:A Those are the memories that stay with me :p
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Making memories to cherish are priceless :)

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What a great weekend you had with the family , the grandchildren are the best for making it so special. Then work went the extra mile for you as well. A great way to celebrate a milestone .

Hoping you are recovering from your hectic weekend .

Any more news on the money matters of relative?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback