Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,506 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like a good decision re your birthday. Hope you get spoiled rotten :)

Just concentrate on the positives xx
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,632 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good idea to go to your DD's for your birthday cuddles :D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,631 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not much been happening here. It's been good to be at work - keeps things in perspective.

I've got scan appointment for Monday at Wigan hospital that does scans for Wrightington. I was just expecting an MRI scan, but I'm having an X-ray first then a scan with dye injectected in the joint then an MRI scan. Appointment says expect to be there 3 hours. A friend is taking me - I hadn't realised it would be so long when I asked her.....

A friend of ours is 70 the day before I'm 60 so he rang to ask us for a meal. I'm at dds though so birthday celebrations will start this weekend as we're going for an early birthday meal together. Should be a nice day on Saturday.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope all the scans go well.

Always good to start big birthday celebrations early :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You are doing some travelling to hospitals , glad friend is going with you. At least you are doing it all the same day .

Enjoy the celebration this weekend.
  • milann
    Options
    They'll be starting a week early and going on for a week after :beer::T

Just watched the big build - amazing family :A

Lazy evening after work - I was going to go for a swim but came home and chilled instead with the house to myself for a couple of hours as dh wasn't in till half 7.

I rethought my plans of the 0%cc and decided not to as that's what I kept doing before and I know how easily I could skip back. I'll just get rid of it as soon as I can. I'll be back to being debt free by the end of the year - I'm determined 2018 will be the year I get rid of the debts for good - if it hadn't been for celebrations I'd have stayed debt free - but it was a bit of a 1 off year for us.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Dont beat yourself up.
    As you say it will be gone by the end of the year.

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Missed your post about being glum and the CC . I think if you are paying off in 3 months just plough as much as you can into it. If it creeps up with Christmas maybe evaluate again.

Great idea to go to DD's the DGC will love it, especially if you have a birthday cake and candles.
  • milann
    Options
    I know Beanie, I was very tempted to take the pressure off and get a 0% but I just want it gone. If it means I cut down at Christmas - so be it.

I'd planned on getting dh present at the end of the year and I was putting the cash away - then it was ready early so I had to get it on my card - I'll still be within my original plans if it's paid off by the end of the year. And it was worth every penny to see DH speechless - it's just paying the interest that upsets me;)
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Options
    Crossed posts then CL - that's what I'm hoping to do... I was tempted for a short while though.

Today I'm grateful for
    My virtual friends
    A peaceful couple of hours
    An easier day at work as some children were absent (not that I like them being ill)
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure