Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,633 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I am cutting down on Christmas a lot.
    It is so liberating.
    Hate to say it but I need to look after myself & the furries!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,631 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have all the flurries settled in now - bet it feels as if you've always had them.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    The furries have settled in mostly very well.
    The only downside is that the girl will not go out for the toilet :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• milann
    Options
    As for hospitals CL - I'll have been to Salford Royal, Wigan Infirmary, Stepping Hill and Wrightington in less than a month - this is one area I wish I wasn't getting my monies worth....plus the GP, the dentist, hearing aids and new specs.....long live the NHS or I'd be bankrupt...

Of to bed now - night night
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sweet dreams :)

• milann
    Options
    Well I had an unexpected letter today from an old pension from years ago when I worked part time for a short while. I can draw it after my birthday - it's only a very small amount - less then a tenner a week. I don't want to get used to the extra money so will investigate topping my pension up verses a regular savings account. Must do some research.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,513 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Better in your bank than theirs though, every little helps :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Better in your pocket than there's :j :j

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All money welcome I would say on the pension.

How was the weekend ? Yesterday was lovely to be outside .
  • milann
    Options
    Had a lovely weekend - went for a meal with some close friends - it was a gorgeous meal but little bittersweet as he will be 70 the day before I'm 60. We go back a long time - had family caravan holidays when all out kids were littlies - he has recently been diagnosed with dementia and although still in early stages the difference in a couple of months was obvious. We had a good laughs and lovely meal although we had wanted to treat them but they insisted on treating us....all good for the cc balance though:money:

I pootled around tidying on Sunday and ds came around for a meal. He looked at the pension information and advised me to leave it another 18 months when it'll reach its maximum payout - and since he's an accountant and I'm not, I'll leave it put a little longer. as long as I live about 5 years i'll get much more over time than cashing it now- lol I've no intention of pushing any daisies up any time soon :p so I'll take me chances:D annnnd if i do push daisies up somewhere I wont know much about it:p:rotfl::T

I went for the scans yesterday and they injected dye into my wrist joint and took x-rays and MRI scans. I worked out I've had 6 MRIs in just less than 12 months :eek: Once the local had worn off my wrist has been quite sore and swollen - I've been awake since 3 this morning so I listened to the doctor and am resting it today - I've not gone into work. I'm just sitting in my pjs and have done some number crunching.

I made a cc payment all being well I'll have my cc paid in full again by November. Its down to £1200 and that includes my dentist bill and glasses - must send receipts into HSA to see what i get back. Then once its paid I'm setting up a direct debit into a regular saver and try and get a little something together for when I retire just in case the inheritence doesn't materialise..... I do like a pan:money::T

Right I'd better go and get dressed and I'm trying to sort out my paperwork boxes a bit at a time...neglected it ig time recently
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure