Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Options

Comments

• Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    edited 10 April 2016 at 3:26PM
    Options
    Aldi have little packets with 2 small cardboard boxes of sugar free sweets for 99p, I've tried some this week the clear mints are lovely very similar to fox's glacier mints, the creamy butterscotch are yummy too, loads nicer than werthers sugar free.
    Booo!!!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Found a stray pack of Aldi nut cutlets in the freezer - blummin' delicious!
    I'd probably buy them if these things didn't take up so much space in the freezer. Handy as a quick light meal with salad when people unexpectedly drop by. Doubt I'd eat them myself though.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Options
    the aldi wild boar and apple burgers (from the freezer) are gorgeous according to OH! they look handmade and smelt really nice too. I don't eat burgers so cant comment on taste, but usually cooking beefburgers makes me feel queasy - these smelt so nice I may be tempted to try one myself!
    cant remember the price offhand but I think it was somewhere around £2.80 for two quarter pounders?
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    meritaten wrote: »
    the aldi wild boar and apple burgers (from the freezer) are gorgeous according to OH! they look handmade and smelt really nice too. I don't eat burgers so cant comment on taste, but usually cooking beefburgers makes me feel queasy - these smelt so nice I may be tempted to try one myself!
    cant remember the price offhand but I think it was somewhere around £2.80 for two quarter pounders?

I don't suppose you can recall the brand please?
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    An item I would not have bought at full price: Lidl's Floralys special edition 4-ply BLUE loo rolls. As it was a special and the last pack was reduced (16 rolls for 3.50) I went for it. After a while the roll was hanging there I wondered what the smell was - the loo rolls are scented and rather lovely. And that from a person who avoids perfumed things normally! The blue is still weird, though, lol.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Looked for fresh custard in the chiller cabinet for the LO. I was told by a member of staff that it's being discontinued.

It wasn't as tasty as M&S creme Anglaise but baby loves it mixed with ripe banana.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Options
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    I don't suppose you can recall the brand please?

Sorry Feral Moon - I cant offhand but they were on a black tray with a band round the middle. in the freezer section. may have been their 'specially selected' range but I cant swear to it. They had venison ones in the same section - may get those for OH to try next as he loves venison.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry Feral Moon - I cant offhand but they were on a black tray with a band round the middle. in the freezer section. may have been their 'specially selected' range but I cant swear to it. They had venison ones in the same section - may get those for OH to try next as he loves venison.

No worries, sounds familiar, just wondered whether Kezie were now supplying Aldi too.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    Happygreen wrote: »
    An item I would not have bought at full price: Lidl's Floralys special edition 4-ply BLUE loo rolls. As it was a special and the last pack was reduced (16 rolls for 3.50) I went for it. After a while the roll was hanging there I wondered what the smell was - the loo rolls are scented and rather lovely. And that from a person who avoids perfumed things normally! The blue is still weird, though , lol.

Then you were most probably not around when toilet rolls came in Green to match the much loved Avocado coloured bathroom suites.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    No worries, sounds familiar, just wondered whether Kezie were now supplying Aldi too.

My thoughts about the brand also.

Never seen anything from the Kezie brand OR any Wild Boar & Apple burgers in Aldi (or Lidl for that matter).

meritaten?
    Any chance they looked like this ?
    8851500007454.jpg
    8865306312734.jpg
    Any chance you could have bought them in Iceland?

There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport